Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ARINC#1 Input Fail Message IFD 540

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ARINC#1 Input Fail Message IFD 540
    Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 10:46am
First, I would suggest your shop talk with Avidyne Tech Support about the proper settings for both the connected IFD as well as the G5. I understand Avidyne Tech Support has walked numerous shops through getting the proper settings for this setup.

As I look at the IFD Installation Manual (R17), it shows the IFD IN 1 LOW should be set to GAD42; however, I believe I am several revisions back from the latest IFD IM. If this is correct, then the corresponding G5 ARINC 429 outputs 1 & 2  configurations appear to be EFIS / AIRDATA 2 (SDI 1) from the G5 IM. 

The IFD OUT 1 LOW is shown to be just GAMA 429 (not GAMA 429 Graphics w÷int) in my revision of the IFD IM. GAMA 429 low speed output configuration is also shown for a GNS5XX(W) connection in the G5 IM which is what the IFD540 is supposed to emulate.

This is just what I have gleaned from the IM's I have access to; that's where Avidyne Tech Support's experience should be able to help tweak the configuration. There are other threads regarding the IFD / G5 / GFC500 connection. I understand that when the settings are all proper, there may be a GAD42 needs service advisory message on the IFD which does not affect functionality.
FlyBill99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyBill99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 11:02pm
IN 1 LOW EFIS/AIRDATA
IN 2 LOW OFF
OUT 1 LOW GAMA 429 Graphics w÷int
OUT 2 LOW OFF
FlyBill99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyBill99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:59pm
yes, all inputs for Arinc set to low
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:13pm
Just out of curiosity, are all the ARINC 429 speeds matched to LOW between the GAD29B and IFD540 per the IM?
FlyBill99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyBill99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:24pm
the message on the IFD is actually--429 Data Not RCVD..No 429 from Input #1...
FlyBill99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyBill99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:22pm
Shortly after receiving our airplane back from the shop for our G5/GFC500 we started receiving the ARINC #1 Fail Message constantly on IFD#1. It is normally associated ALSO with a "GPS fail" from IFD 540 #1 as well. We have a dual G5, Dual IFD540, GFC500, GAD29B install. The IFD input settings in the Config for Arinc 429 #1 Input is set to "EFIS/AIRDATA" and the G5 Config is also set to EFIS/AIRDATA. That's how the G5 install manual tells you how to config both the GPS Navigator and the G5.  I have tried all settings in both the IFD540 the G5. Nothing works. Can someone tell me how their config is setup if you has this type of system?  What is wierd is that when the GPS drops off, it loses all satellites at once and immediately they come back but the AP drops off during that short time. I have set the IFD 540 input set to "OFF" as a temporary solution and all faults, including the GPS Fail, go away.  I'm wondering by doing that what I am losing if the config worked?  T

Thanks for your help.... 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic