Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD Software Release 10.2.0.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pchetham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pchetham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 10:27pm
Thanks.
PMC
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 11:05pm
No one wants 10.2 more than Avidyne.  They have no reason in the world to be purposely delaying the release.  No amount of complaining or questioning here will speed up the process.   I love the 540 I have now and when 10.2 comes,  it comes.  In the meantime, I tell everyone I can about how great the 540 is because 1) I truly believe it and 2) when Avidyne succeeds, we all benefit.
ansond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 11:08pm
+1

My 10.1.0.2 setup works very well... I'm very happy with it... I would rather have a bug free release later than a bug-ridden release sooner... esp for avionics...  my 440's are not my iPhones... ;-) 

George P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2017 at 11:38pm
You are correct, but Avidyne has been uncommonly clumsy with the roll out of 10.2.  They are the ones who announced its almost immediate availability in April 2016.  It is their web site that still says it was approved by FAA in January 2017.  These are unforced errors and do not give either owners or potential purchasers confidence that Avidyne has their s#it together.  In fact, it reminds me of the personal computer business of the 1980s, where vaporware was the rule of the day.
NotarPilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NotarPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 3:01am
Originally posted by Gary L Gary L wrote:

I bought my 440 in Sept with assurances 10.2 would be out at month end or October at the latest. I lost my ADS-B out in the bargain (have a Garmin 330ES). Ok fine I'll cope for a month.
Well, the slope of my aviation frustration curve is climbing ever more steeply and the slope of my aviation participation curve is diving. They are soon to intersect. Wanna buy a Cardinal RG?

What are you asking for it?
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2017 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Gary L Gary L wrote:

Understand, but I was connected to a GNS430W with it until last September and that was ADS-B compliant.

It looks like we are in the end run, we just don't know the course length!

Regardless, doubt that you'd really want your 430W back in the plane, all things considered. ;)

* Orest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic