Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > SkyTrax Series ADS-B Receivers & Transceivers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic sensor fault

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pitchristian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic sensor fault
    Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 5:06pm
I have an IFD540 with MLB100 and on a recent 5 hour cross country I got a "traffic sensor fault" numerous times. Each time though traffic info was always displayed and the sensor fault would only last for a few seconds. Any idea what would be causing this?
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 5:49pm
I have had similar intermittent "traffic fault sensor" messages in X'country flights with similar configuration:
  .  TAS605
  .  dual 540's
  .  MLB100

It doesn't last, so I never pursued it too much.

Tom Wolf
flybikeski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flybikeski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 7:04pm
Me too.  The traffic is clearly there on the screen so I haven't pursued it.

Ham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2016 at 1:59pm
I am getting these "traffic sensor fault" messages well and I have IFD540/440 combo with MBL100.   

Avidyne, when is a fix coming?    It's a distraction I don't need during critical phases of flight

TomH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2016 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Ham Ham wrote:

I am getting these "traffic sensor fault" messages well and I have IFD540/440 combo with MBL100.
Save

I was getting those too. Along with Datalink Errors. We RMA'd my MLB100 and I've had no problems since.
petersk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petersk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 4:50pm
Tom, do you have any idea what was changed in your RMA? By chance did the new one come back with newer software?  I've had this problem since installation and was planning to pin them down at Oshkosh unless there's a solution already in the wild... for instance, does the new 4.1.0 solve this?

Keith Peterson
Cardinal Flyers
Cardinal RG N177KP
TomH View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by petersk petersk wrote:

Tom, do you have any idea what was changed in your RMA? By chance did the new one come back with newer software?  I've had this problem since installation and was planning to pin them down at Oshkosh unless there's a solution already in the wild... for instance, does the new 4.1.0 solve this?

I'm pretty certain it was a bad unit. I had both Datalink and Traffic Sensor Errors. Haven't since replacement. Both had 4.10 and were configured properly using the console software.  Interestingly, I am still getting Traffic Sensor Errors. Not the same severity as before but present nonetheless. The nit happens I always glance at ForeFlight (which is paired to a Stratus 2S) and verify there's a solid connection to multiple towers. Must be a software glitch of some kind.
ansond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 8:48pm
FYI... had this issue as well... my avionics installer changed the ARINC channel speed to "low" from "high" and that fixed it...

Not sure where the bug is... its either the Skytrax or the IFD... its interesting that all of the IFD ARINC channel speeds are set to low in my installation... 

Doug
N208LG
ansond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2016 at 2:52am
Well.. hmmm... I did just get a "traffic sensor fault" while my ARINC speeds were set to "low".... just one though.. 

I am guessing that there is something going on with the IFDs... does anyone see it with something other than an IFD and Skytrax?  (i.e. Skytrax and a 430W?)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic