Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD100 Approach Planning and Simulation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD100 Approach Planning and Simulation
    Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 9:40am
I saw that the GoDirect Flight Preview app was just released by Honeywell.  It allows you to fly a 3D and approach chart side by side to see what an approach will look like before you get in the plane.  Great idea!  Of course, no Canadian charts, so that doesn't help me much.  

However, Simpson and Steve, couldn't I do the same thing with the IFD100 and the iPad 540 simulator with 10.2 and the new iOS side by side app view?  I'm taking my instrument training now and this would be really cool!  

Will it work?
Peter - 1977 Cardinal RG C-FJPC - IFD550/540/240/322/605A/Skytrax100, Aspen MAX 2000, Trio A/P
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2016 at 5:12pm
Probably won't work for an ILS, since the simulator doesn't have a nav radio, but it might work for an LPV approach.

I don't know if it will be any better than "flying" it on Google Earth.

David Bunin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic