Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot turn Bluetooth on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billan07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot turn Bluetooth on
    Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 8:43pm
If I follow the steps on page 110 of the IFD Installation Manual (7.5.13 WiFi/Bluetooth Setup) I do not get an EnableBTWifiUserOptions item on the screen.  Nor does it appear on any other screen in Maintenance Mode.  What else do I need to do?  I am running software version 10.1.0.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 9:31pm
Recommend calling Avi Tech Support. They should be able to step you through the process. Let me know if that is not the case.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
billan07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billan07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 10:05pm
F.A.B.
billan07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billan07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 4:18pm
I called Tech Support and was told I need software version 10.1.1 or later to get Bluetooth enabled. I thought Bluetooth should be working on 10.1.0.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 4:41pm
That's not accurate.  

Release 10.1.0.0 definitely enabled comm with a working bluetooth keyboard.

Release 10.1.1.0 tweaked that to require the Bluetooth keyboard in question be the Avidyne supplied keyboard.

We had too many people coming up with keyboards of unknown or highly questionable pedigree.  We changed the code in 10.1.1.0 to need to see a signal from a known good Avi supplied keyboard.

Do you still have a non-functional keyboard?  Or more accurately, are you locked out from even seeing Bluetooth keyboard selections in User Options page and via Maintenance Mode?

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
billan07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billan07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 5:31pm
With software 10.1.0, I cannot enable Bluetooth on either of my IFD 540s.  On the User Options page the item which, looking at the diagram in the manual, should enable Bluetooth is labelled as Reserved.  Using the Maintenance Mode instructions in the Installation Manual (launching with a USB stick installed) does not provide the EnableBluetooth command in the Update Page (nor on any other page).
edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 7:25pm
Under the file of obscure facts,  I think maybe I know the answer to this

My shop had been given a dongle that did not have the bluetooth/ keyboard enabled that was hand carried back from vendor meeting with Avidyne.

My unit got that installed. 

The released version of 10.1 on the Avidyne dealer site had bluetooth / Keyboard enabled

This is trusting my faulty memory

Edited by edanford - 08 Aug 2016 at 7:40pm
Ed
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 7:45pm
If I'm right (and that's a big if), I think I know the issue and this will be a piece of cake to recover from if I was right.  I'll get tech support on this for Tuesday.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
billan07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billan07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 2:11pm
Were you right?  Is there a solution?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 2:38pm
Yup.  Just sent you a Private Message for contact info.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 3:15pm
Was my faulty memory accurate?
Ed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic