Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Date/Time issue?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobcain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Date/Time issue?
    Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 12:29pm
I changed oil and pulled the plane out this morning to warm up and verify all to be OK. While letting the engine warm up, I fired up the panel just to look things over. Playing with the IFD440 I found the AUX SYS to show correct version (10.1.2.0) but Sys Time showed Aug 27, 1999 and time was off ??????  This was after it had been on long enough to gather the gps info, but I waited another few minutes anyway.  It never changed.

Engine was warm and all OK so shut everything down and pushed part way back into hangar so gps would still receive. Then connected gpu and turned on IFD again. This time everything was OK.

Secondly, when displaying this SYS info page, there is a note under it that says "Refer to the applicable terrain ...." It is more than one line long and I found no way to scroll down to read the remainder of the message. Knobs nor touch effected the view.

Any thoughts???
ac11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 3:26am
Hi Bob,

A caveat that I do not own an IFD, but am investigating the purchase of one. Therefore, my only experience so far is with the simulator.

Hopefully you didn't run into more trouble with the date/time. I have an idea about your second question that I'm curious to know if it would help. On the bottom of the User Options page in Setup, there is a selection for "Hide Page Tabs". If you change that to something other than never, it will drop the tabs out of the way. I noticed I could only see the bottom of the GPS satellite signals if I did this, so I wonder if this will be the same situation as yours.

HTH,

Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic