Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does the bluetooth keyboard actually work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmyz80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does the bluetooth keyboard actually work?
    Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 5:13pm
I enabled Bluetooth on my 540 and successfully paired the bluetooth keyboard with it.  I saw in the manual that when you press a key, you're supposed to get a pop-up asking if you want to enable keyboard input for that flight.  I pushed a bunch of keys and didn't see this pop-up until maybe 20-30 presses later.

Then once I had approved keyboard input, the keyboard just seemed scatterbrained.  Most keys would do nothing at all, and some would not do what I expected.  For example the flip-flop key would do nothing at all.  And the range +/- buttons would not zoom the map; however the arrow keys would zoom the map.  Is this thing just defective?
2006 Cirrus SR22 - IFD540 IFD440 DFC90 AXP322 MLB100
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 5:56pm
It is not defective.   Until 10.2 many of the keys are not active.  The flip flop is not active, the range is controlled by the arrows as is toggling up and down a list.  With the next release, it will have much more functionality.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic