Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > DFC90/DFC100 Digital Autopilot
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Install for 400B systems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronald Mason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Install for 400B systems
    Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 12:44pm
I am trying to figure out if you are ever going to certify your autopilot box for a stand alone install or is it just always going to be a slide in replacement for an STEC 55X?

You should take the wiring of the Cessna planes and servos and just have the back of the box be connected to your autopilot and bypass the who;e STEC 55X system.

Can you imagine all the 400B's you all could replace and the cost would be so much lower.

Right now, for me to buy your box I need to buy a STEC 55X, install it, then pay you all an additional 10K to put your box into my plane. 
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 12:53pm
Doesn't have to be a 55X, could be a 30, 50, or 60/2 with pitch servo...but result is same.
David Gates
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 12:58pm
To be a little clearer, you don't need to start with a 55X.

Avidyne does not produce its own certified servos or manual electric trim (MET) devices.     There are a number of compatible pre-existing autopilot variants from STEC that come with an acceptable set of servos and MET to include 30, 50, 55, 55X, 60-2, 65.   And a more uncommon method for some folks is to acquire and install those components in some approved manner, then put in the Avidyne DFC90 flight control computer.

We are definitely well aware of the quantity of 400Bs out there but still can't justify the expense at this point that would result in a prioritization of our internal resources.  It's as (unpleasantly) simple as that.

So, never say never, but we have no plans to make what you ask for a project in 2016 or 2017.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
MarkZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 9:48pm
2018 or 19 by STC??? :-D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic