Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD 540 GPS signal/position lost

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote compasst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD 540 GPS signal/position lost
    Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 12:02pm
My IFD 540 lost GPS signal yesterday during an RNAV approach to KPOV in VFR (fortunately) conditions. Shortly after passing WINER and waiting for the vertical guidance to center, the system lost GPS and went red X. Moments later, it came back on line. It wouldn't give me any vertical nav info since I had already passed WINER, so I circled back to the fix and flew the approach without problem.

This is the first time it has done this in about 250 flight hours.

Should I send in the downloaded logs?

thanks.

Edited by compasst - 25 Aug 2016 at 12:44pm
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 2:36pm
What software level are you on?

I recommend contacting Tech Support (888-723-7592 or techsupp@avidyne.com). They will walk you through some troubleshooting and likely want to see the logs.

Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
compasst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote compasst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 8:32am
I'll go out to the airplane today and check the software level. I know I updated it to 10.1, but believe nothing newer than that. I just found the load program for 10.1.3 and will take that with me. 

It's a bit frustrating to not receive any notification of updates to the software even though I am registered as an owner. Isn't there some method of notification to users/owners? Am I expected to monitor daily this forum to find out all the important things like software updates? It's just not practical in my world to read this forum each day to seek out the issues that might affect me.

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic