Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gap
    Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 7:21pm
Using the APP when I select an airport as the direct to point, then select an approach I get a "gap" between the airport and the IAF. What is it looking to have filled in the "gap" and how do I fill it in?
When using the 540 will I have the same issue?
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 8:38pm
When setting up an approach to an airport, you are either selecting VTF or an IAF.  As soon as you select direct to the IAF, activate the approach with VTF,  the gap will disappear.
310pilot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 310pilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 8:44pm
Thats not an issue...it is designed that way (as are most other GPS units) with the thinking that you will select an approach before you are actually on the approach itself. Because of that it will not change the point you were previously proceeding direct to...in this case the airport. When you are ready for the approach you can either activate it or proceed direct to a point on the approach (which will also activate the approach).....both of which will remove the "gap". Said another way, anytime the approach is active there will not be a gap. Hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic