Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Enabling Bluetooth and Wi-FI?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enabling Bluetooth and Wi-FI?
    Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 9:10pm
We have just updated a 540 440 combo to 10.2.
We have been through and double checked all settings per the SIL and then went back into config to re-connect the bluetooth remote, set the Wi-Fi to local and change the SSID / PSK as neither Bluetooth or Wi-Fi appeared to be working.
Neither are options in the user settings like the pilots guide shows and neither option has a green box around it on the software status page on the SYS tab.

Am I missing something?
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 9:30pm
Have you ever seen WiFi/BT on those units?

If not, there is a simple enable procedure by loading a file from the USB. This is not part of the 10.2 upgrade.

* Orest

hamilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 9:33pm
Bluetooth was definitely working before as we had the remote working fine (in it's limited pre 10,2 sense), Wi-Fi i'm not too sure.
I did just see there was a seperate SB for Wifi and Bluetooth activation which i'm struggling to find on the Avidyne website at the moment.

Thanks
Tommylewis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommylewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 6:35pm
I was told by tech support that if I did not enter the airplane N number on page 3 of the config pages, those features, wifi and bluetooth, would be disabled.  I entered the N number and I have those features.  I have used the wifi and bluetooth for the keyboard.

Tom Lewis
RV7a & RV10
Granbury, TX
hamilton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 7:41pm
Thanks everyone I had some amazing customer service from Michael Clifford at Avidyne and after a little trial and error we are all up and running.

Yes I did see that note in the service bulletin and made sure the rego was set.
I don't think i'm the only one to see this fault but one of only a couple.

I have sent through the logs so hopefully they may be able to see where it went wrong to stop it happneing again.

Love that SVS page!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic