Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD 100 first impressions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD 100 first impressions
    Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 11:44am
Yay! It's out. I don't have 10.2 in the plane so I haven't tested the app in flight yet. However:

1. I was able to download Jepp databases using my login. It showed that I could add 1 additional device. I'm not sure where this number comes from; I have 1 IFD 540 and 2 JDM installations (1 PC, 1 Mac). Not sure what will happen when my co-owners put the IFD100 app on their iPads and try to log on.
  2. On my first download, I clicked "Exit" after getting the databases and the app crashed. I had to log in again when relaunching it but when I clicked "Exit" got the expected behavior of the IFD100 screen appearing. (Side note: maybe relabel the "Exit" button to "Done").
  3. I haven't figured out the trick to make the side tabs appear in FMS or MAP view.
  4. Every time I launch the IFD100, I get the Jepp logon screen. This isn't necessary.

ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 11:56am
My bet, based on my experience is that they are counting devices.  That likely will create a problem.  

I've also noticed that if you have, for example, the Jepp TC app or the Jepp FD app on the device, that is counted as one instance; then if you add an IFD100 app to the same device, that is counted as another, so it is easy to run out of licenses quickly.
David Gates
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 11:59am
Boy, I hope not, because with 4 pilots sharing one IFD-equipped airplane, having a single download slot isn't going to work unless we use a shared iPad for the plane, which I don't want to do.
gsxrpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsxrpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 6:14pm
I've installed the IFD100 and the IFD Trainer on two iPads. I went through the Jepp download on all four of them. My device count in my Jepp account still just shows 1 used, which is my IFD540.
Paul
Mooney M20K 252
KHYI - San Marcos, TX
gsxrpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsxrpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 6:17pm
The one thing I haven't figured out yet is setting the device ID in the IFD100 app.  According to the instructions it's Settings on the iPad then scroll down the left side to the IFD100 app. The IFD100 doesn't appear in my list of apps on either iPad.  Both are running 10.2.1 IOS.  But then lots of apps that are installed don't actually appear. I'm sure there must be some updated instructions somewhere, but I haven't found them.
Paul
Mooney M20K 252
KHYI - San Marcos, TX
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 6:22pm
I'm also running 10.2.1 and both the IFD Trainer and IFD100 are in the list under Settings. Sometimes it takes a bit of time for all the apps to appear if you have a lot. The list is alphabetical, so both apps are together under IF...

Vince
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by gsxrpilot gsxrpilot wrote:

I've installed the IFD100 and the IFD Trainer on two iPads. I went through the Jepp download on all four of them. My device count in my Jepp account still just shows 1 used, which is my IFD540.

Have you tried to run the IFD100 and IFD Trainer on the different ipads as suggested in the IFD100 user guide? I have, but can't get them to communicate even though they are both on the same wlan. I did an Accept of BT/WIFI at IFD Trainer startup, and both have sysid 1 (default). The IFD Trainer is showing a strong GPS signal and there are no alerts on it. Both devices are showing TAWS System Failure. IFD100 is also showing No Comm with VHF, and GPS Fault No Position alerts with freq boxes still showing large XXXX's.

Any ideas?

Vince
Froethel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Froethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 7:27pm
This is probably a dumb question but where does one find the IFD100 users guide??
Frank
mgrimes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by chflyer chflyer wrote:

Have you tried to run the IFD100 and IFD Trainer on the different ipads as suggested in the IFD100 user guide? I have, but can't get them to communicate even though they are both on the same wlan. I did an Accept of BT/WIFI at IFD Trainer startup, and both have sysid 1 (default). The IFD Trainer is showing a strong GPS signal and there are no alerts on it. Both devices are showing TAWS System Failure. IFD100 is also showing No Comm with VHF, and GPS Fault No Position alerts with freq boxes still showing large XXXX's.

Any ideas?

I flew with the IFD100 today and had a problem getting it to connect to the 540 until I closed the FLTPLAN GO app. It could have been complete coincidence but as soon as I closed the FTPLAN app it connected. Prior to that it had been trying for about 5 minutes. I didn't get a chance to recreate it but try when I fly tomorrow.
mgrimes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgrimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 9:17pm
I couldn't  determine a way to change the UTC offset so all my ETA times were off by 4 hours. The UTC offset option is visible but disabled (dimmed out) on the user setup page. 
I tried it connected to the 540 and not connected in standalone mode.

Anyone else have this issue?
dubs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by chflyer chflyer wrote:

Originally posted by gsxrpilot gsxrpilot wrote:

Any ideas?

Same here. I can't get the two ipads to connect.

Baron C55
Tulsa, OK
dubs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 7:05am
Nevermind. I left both apps open long enough that they finally connected.
Baron C55
Tulsa, OK
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 7:33am
Did the IFD100 local time offset come on to match the IFD Trainer?

Mine never did connect. Don't know what the issue is.

At first IFD100 software status shows Options: IFD options not received. Sometimes that changes after a while to a list of options on the IFD100. But the frequency red XXX's never disappear and at some point both the IFD100 and the IFD Trainer give an TAWS System Failure Alert at about the same time. If I display the alerts, they are slightly different on the two apps:

IFD100 - TAWS System Failure
TAWS Failed Self-Test, Terrain DB, GPS Position

IFD Trainer - TAWS System Failure
TAWS Failed Self-Test, Obstacle DB

The IFD100 also shows No Comm With VHF and GPS Fault No Position alerts, but those are likely due to the lack of connection to the IFD Trainer.

Vince
dubs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 7:44am
I closed all other apps, including Foreflight, on both devices. Nothing happened. After a while the iPad running IFD Trainer went to sleep. When I woke it up it "chimed", and the two connected. Maybe IFD100 needs to be open before opening Trainer.

FWIW, I just tried to repeat the exercise before replying, but now the IFD100 wont get past the Jeppesen login page. Definitely buggy!
Baron C55
Tulsa, OK
dubs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 7:56am
I had a chance to fly with the IFD100 yesterday, coupled to my IFD540. I had the April database on the IFD100, and the March database on the IFD540. So, I ran into the issue that they wouldn't share flight plans. But, otherwise worked ok.

One annoyance I noted was that the iPad kept going to sleep. When Foreflight is open it overrides sleep mode. Is this an App coding issue? I don't see where AutoLock can be customized by App on the iPad. I might just have to turn AutoLock off and risk having my iPad inadvertently drain.
Baron C55
Tulsa, OK
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 8:42am
I've had the same sleep issue with JeppFD charts on the ipad, and the only solution I found was to turn off the auto lock.

Vince
MarcosMarchese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarcosMarchese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 1:54pm
I did my first flight with IFD100 and IFD540 this morning. I found it is a very nice App, but noticed a few problems described below:

1- IFD100 shows "Traffic Sensor Fault" but IFD540 shows traffic normally. My TAS is a L-3 TRC899.
2- The satellite page shows different or omitted satellites between IFD100 and IFD540.
3- The VSR Field at MAP page (Vertical Speed Required) shows different values in IFD100 and IFD540.
4- Flight Timer at MAP page of IFD100 resets every time you close the App. Even if you are still flying and Flight Timer is running in IFD540.
5- Ipad goes to sleep after some minutes. There is no option to keep it on.
6- The SETUP MAP page at AUX is not editable.

Anyway I think these bugs are going to fixed follow on.

n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 5:13pm
Glad to see IFD100 out, but agree, still very "buggy":
1.  Setup Page - Can't modify - Can't turn on Intersections
2.  Datablock Page - Unable to to change Com/VLOC fhoice from 4 freq's to 3 (Com/VLOC Standby #2) 
3.  FMS ROUTE page - causes App to Crash, every time.
4.  No Cross Synch with panel 540

Correctly have configured iPad to "540" & Unit #1.
Correctly set only my #1 540 WiFi ON.
Have re-installed IFD100 x3 times on iPad, no change. 

Tom W.

Gary T View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 6:28pm
http://www.avidyne.com/files/downloads/IFD100_User_Guide.pdf

For  Froethel  above 

Edited by Gary T - 28 Mar 2017 at 6:31pm
Gary-T
Froethel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Froethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2017 at 7:37pm
Thanks Gary
Frank
Kentucky Captain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentucky Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 3:03am
Read the IFD100 user guide, still can't connect the IFD trainer to the IFD100

I closed all other programs on both iPads.  I've left them running side by side for an hour.

iPad Pro 9.7 running IFD Trainer, Jeppdata downloaded, WiFi and Bluetooth active
iPad mini running IFD100, Jeppdata downloaded, Setup configured as IFD540, Sys id 1, iPad 1

Error on the IFD Trainer.  TAWS system failure - TAWS failed self-test, obstacle DB
Error on IFD100, No Comm with VHF, GPS fault no position

All red Xs on the comms and no sync on data
Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here?
Woo Hoo!!!
gsxrpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsxrpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 8:19am
I had the same problem. After struggling with it a bit, I switched iPads. In other words, I started out with the Trainer on the Mini and the IFD100 on the Pro 9.7. They wouldn't connect. Then I shut everything down and started again this time with the Trainer on the Pro and the IFD100 on the Mini. They connected but not everything worked. Whatever what happening on the Trainer was mirrored to the IFD100. But when I made commands on the IFD100, nothing happened on the Trainer.

I'll keep playing with it as my plane is in the avionics shop for another couple of weeks.
Paul
Mooney M20K 252
KHYI - San Marcos, TX
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 1:18pm
There are some restrictions that some LAN have that might inhibit the connection between the two apps. I am waiting to have a recommended LAN setting before I send a configuration recommendation.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentucky Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by AviSimpson AviSimpson wrote:

There are some restrictions that some LAN have that might inhibit the connection between the two apps. I am waiting to have a recommended LAN setting before I send a configuration recommendation.

Besides being retired air traffic controller of 27 years, I have a software company that writes tax collection and other software for government agencies.  We also build all of our own hardware so I'm pretty savvy around networks.

We do a lot of VPN connectivity so my modem is in bridge mode and the VPN Router is behind it.  DHCP is handled by the VPN router.  My wireless is run separately by a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router running as an access point.  Wireless access is secured by WPA2-PSK [AES].

Any thing else I should look for?  I left them both on and connected to the WiFi last night for a couple of hours.  Today I tried again, no dice and same errors.  I completely closed the app and restarted therm in varying order also.
Woo Hoo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:30am
Do you have a Stratus laying around? Easiest way to get around all this, power up the Stratus, connect the trainer and IFD100 apps to that network and it should be working as advertised.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 5:44pm
IFD100 App still very Buggy!:

Did a bunch of hangar flying, and today VFR about an hour - dual 540's perfect with v10.2.

On iPad/IFD100, Frequencies and Map GPS location synchs with my #1 540, BUT Still Very Buggy!

1.  App consistently Crashes every time I go to/tap FMS "Route" page.
2.  No response with using "Designated" Wpt Block
3.  No synch of any blocks or touch controls...
4.  No Traffic on IFD100 from #1 540
5.  Can't flip-flop frequenceis

Have deleted and re-loaded/re-booted ipad IFD100 App - No Joy!

Anybody with suggestions?

Tom W.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by n7ifr n7ifr wrote:

IFD100 App still very Buggy!:

Did a bunch of hangar flying, and today VFR about an hour - dual 540's perfect with v10.2.

On iPad/IFD100, Frequencies and Map GPS location synchs with my #1 540, BUT Still Very Buggy!

1.  App consistently Crashes every time I go to/tap FMS "Route" page.
2.  No response with using "Designated" Wpt Block
3.  No synch of any blocks or touch controls...
4.  No Traffic on IFD100 from #1 540
5.  Can't flip-flop frequenceis

Have deleted and re-loaded/re-booted ipad IFD100 App - No Joy!

Anybody with suggestions?

Tom W.

Thanks for the feedback Tom.
1. Need to know more on this one. How much storage do you have available? What nav database are you running? What iOS? Did you have any background apps running? Feel free to PM me that info.
2. We'll look at adding that in the next release.
3. Don't know what this means
4. Is traffic going to the #1 IFD? If so, what product?
5. Correct, just like you can't flip flop the frequency using the touchscreen on a panel IFD
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 6:12pm
Simpson:

Isn't there a Windows version somewhere?

Jake was running one and describes it in his demos.

EDIT:  BTW Designated waypoint responds on my IFD100.

FMS doesn't crash my IPD100 either.

???

Edited by ddgates - 31 Mar 2017 at 6:36pm
David Gates
edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:40pm
I played with my IFD540 at hangar today and could see traffic from my MLB100 on IFD540 but neither of the IFD100 Ipads that were synced to the IFD540.  Not sure of the version of SW running on MLB100 but it is a year or so old.   Traffic works great on IFD540

Ed

Ed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentucky Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by AviSimpson AviSimpson wrote:

Do you have a Stratus laying around? Easiest way to get around all this, power up the Stratus, connect the trainer and IFD100 apps to that network and it should be working as advertised.

Unfortunately the Stratus II is mounted on the rear equipment shelf under the baggage bin with antennas in the rear window.

The airplane is still in the shop getting 10.2 and the SkyTrax100 installed.  They said that the install was completed today, the test flight went great, and I can have it back on Monday.  Woo-Hoo.
Woo Hoo!!!
rfriend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfriend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2017 at 7:18pm
Does anyone know how to get intersections to show on airways on the IFD100. No success here. Tried with the simulator and the ifd440 which both show them but they do not reflect on the IFD100. Thanks.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 9:50pm
When flying with the IFD 100, it seems to perform as expected, except 1) traffic is not showing on the IFD 100 and 2) when I go to the charts, I get a message " chart initiation failed." I do have all the current NAV data loaded onto my iPad. Does anyone know if approach charts should display on the IFD 100? Tech support is helping with the traffic issue.
Agipilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agipilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 11:05pm
I get the same chart initiation fail message.
PA20Pacer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA20Pacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 8:40am
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

When flying with the IFD 100, it seems to perform as expected, except 1) traffic is not showing on the IFD 100 and 2) when I go to the charts, I get a message " chart initiation failed." I do have all the current NAV data loaded onto my iPad. Does anyone know if approach charts should display on the IFD 100? Tech support is helping with the traffic issue.

The discussion in the "Jepp Data Download Difficulty" thread may be relevant to the "chart initiation failed" issue. When I downloaded data for the IFD100, NavData and Obstacle databases were available, but Charts were not available for download.

Regards,

Bob
Bob Siegfried, II
Brookeridge Airpark (LL22)
Downers Grove, IL
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 5:15pm
Bob,

Thank you.  That makes sense as to why I didn't have charts. 
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:14pm
I spoke to Jepp and got an "interesting" answer as to why I cannot download charts onto my IFD 100.  They are telling me I have a 540 "suite" subscription but would need a 540 "suite PLUS" subscription to be able to download charts to the IFD 100.  I was under the assumption that the IFD 100 would be like having another IFD and be able to receive all the subscriptions I pay for in my panel mounts?
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 10:02am
Teeth6,

Not surprised Jepp response.

I called them asking the most basic and simple questions logging in to IFD100 and asking them to "re-activate my Jepp Subscription #" for the APP, the Tech Support person quickly said he "could not help me as this was an Avidyne Product, not Jepp, and "they had no training on the IFD100 App..."

Very frustrating.  Wish Avidyne would partner with Seattle Avionics for the Chart interface!

Tom W. 
n7ifr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n7ifr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 10:12am
Thanks Simpson for response.

1.  Using iPad mini, 60 gb, lots of extra space, Jepp NavDB is West/Central; Concurrent apps include FlyQ (and sometimes ForeFlight) sharing same WiFi for ADSB stream.

4.  Yes, receiving ADSB Traffic on both 540's with the constant Yellow Alert Message on 540 "Degraded Traffic".  Only #1 540 has WiFi turned on, #2 Off.

IFD100 App does not synch flight plans from #1 540, and crashes whenever I go to FMS Routes Tab on IFD100 - so I avoid this.  

Tom W. 

Edited by n7ifr - 07 Apr 2017 at 10:15am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kentucky Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:59pm
Picked up my plane from the shop today.  Installed the Skytrax 100 and did the 10.2 update.  It was a clear blue day and I didn't expect to see any weather but I did see plenty of traffic as we were transitioning across the Class C on the IFD.

I tried to connect the IFD100 app to the IFD540 on the way home and could not get them connected.  I did forget to check the SYS ID and made sure that it was set to 1 like in the IFD100 app.  That could be one point of failure but I'm assuming that an IFD540 in a single unit install would be #1.
Woo Hoo!!!
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 6:13pm
Been using the IFD100 running on an iPad mini with the IFD Trainer app running on an iPad . I have a couple of questions I have not yet seen discussed:

Is there a quick way to insert checklists or checklist items created or even quickly clear an entirely completed checklist on the IFD100? Without the IFD knobs, these quick features seem to have been lost. I have found that restarting the IFD100 app resets all of the cleared checklists; however, I have not found a way to insert a new checklist or checklist item without having to retype all the checklists or items from the insert point and lower.

Connected to the IFD trainer app through Wi-Fi, the IFD100 MAP - SVS ownship symbol is fixed and does not change orientation with climbs/descents/turns as on the IFD540 app. Has this behavior also been observed in actual operation?

tomd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 11:51am
post deleted, I figured it out.

Edited by tomd - 13 Apr 2017 at 2:22pm
Bonanza F33a
mkellock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkellock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:12pm
IFD100 App has been updated to 10.2.2
Piper Archer II
PA28-181
Tampa, FL
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 5:46pm
Assume it must be in the app store as the original was.  Usually shows up as an updated app

ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 6:08pm
Showed up as an update as posted.

Using the IFD trainer as surrogate panel mount, traffic doesn't work, but maybe linked to real IFD it will.

Hope so.
David Gates
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 1:24pm
I was thinking it would be useful have an option to see the iPad's battery charge status displayed on the IFD100. At least on the older iPads that don't multitask, the IFD100 appears to have to completely re-sync if minimized to do something as simple as checking  iPad's battery status.

Thoughts?
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 1:36pm
Good idea. FF supplies that battery information
94S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2017 at 9:39am
Originally posted by dmtidler dmtidler wrote:

I was thinking it would be useful have an option to see the iPad's battery charge status displayed on the IFD100. At least on the older iPads that don't multitask, the IFD100 appears to have to completely re-sync if minimized to do something as simple as checking  iPad's battery status.

Thoughts?

+1  I was going to make the very same comment.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic