Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FltPlanGo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FltPlanGo
    Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 10:07pm
Today I tried to upload a flight plan from FltPlanGo on my ipad to my IFD-540 (running 10.2).

I couldn't figure out how to do it.

I had the ipad locked on the Avidyne Wi-Fi signal.  I was on the "MAPS" screen on the ipad app and I saw the up/down arrows button, which appears to be an upload/download thing.  But the IFD does not appear on the list that drops down.

Being "beaten" by a free app can make you feel very foolish.  So enlighten me, oh forum!  What screen should I be on?  What icon should I tap or slide?

Pictures, if possible!

fritz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 10:18pm
I tried the same thing today and was unable to get connected.  I sent fltplan.com an email and they immediately send a PDF explaining how to connect. Happy to share the PDF, but I have no idea how to attach!  PM me and I can email it to you.

I will try again next time I go to the hangar.
WNflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WNflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 11:02pm
After you open the FltPlan Go app, choose External on the left hand side and then look for Avidyne under Avionics. Select it and you should be able to share your flight plan with your IFD when you're on the Map page of the FltPlan Go app.  

Randy

oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 8:37am
Originally posted by WNflyer WNflyer wrote:

After you open the FltPlan Go app, choose External on the left hand side and then look for Avidyne under Avionics. Select it and you should be able to share your flight plan with your IFD when you're on the Map page of the FltPlan Go app.  

Note, that that only works for the iOS version, as yet.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 09 Apr 2017 at 8:37am
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 11:11am
fritz, you are welcome to email me.  I am Davidbunin (at) AOL (dot) com.

I will try "external" next time.  I didn't notice t hat button while I was in the airplane, but I saw it later and expected that would be the answer.

I will report back after I get the chance to go flying again.  I've got a little maintenance to do first.

Edited by DavidBunin - 14 Apr 2017 at 11:11am
DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 5:25pm
Thanks for the email, I am pleased to say that it works.

I learned a couple of things:
The flight plan that you transfer does not become the active flight plan.  It just goes into your Routes list.  In my case, I already had a lot of routes saved, including at least one with the same two airports as the plan I was trying to transfer from the app.  (The routing was different.)

The flight plans created within the IFD were named "1F7-HQZ"
The route transferred from the FltPlanGo app was named "1F7 to HQZ"

Once I figured that out, I was able to activate the transferred route from the Routes list, and everything was normal after that.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic