Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD-440 with 10.2 and PFD/MFD: possible bug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD-440 with 10.2 and PFD/MFD: possible bug
    Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 11:22pm
Hi:

So, I can confirm that my PFD and MFD (Entegras in my Cirrus) worked fine in this scenario with GNS430Ws.... here is the scenario:

- You are given a Departure Procedure but your first part of your journey is radar vectors...
- you will likely join into the DP in one of the second or later segments of the DP...
- origin is set
- you enter in the destination, then add the DP 
- you then activate the specified leg of the DP that you think you'll intercept the DP with
- you then fly radar vectors and join into the DP

Now, I try it with my IFD-440s (both loaded with 10.2 and working nicely otherwise...)

Flying today, I received a DP but with radar vectors initially. They typically join me into the DP after the first waypoint, so I activated the leg to the second waypoint of the DP ( i.e. waypoint1-waypoint2 leg). 

Strangely, when I selected the leg and pressed "activate leg", the entire course disappeared from the MFD - and the PFD no longer showed an active waypoint. The course was displayed previously 

I think the issue happens when I "activate leg"  on my FMS page. I tried a non-DP set of segments (i.e. airport1 - airport2 - airport3 - airport_destination) and got the same behavior... I activate the "airport2-airport3" leg and the MFD/PFD seem to get confused.   If I enter "direct airport1" (i.e. airport 1), then everything works great. If I enter "direct airport 2", everything works great. If I enter "direct airport 3", everything works great....

It's the "activate leg" option that seems to cause the problem. 

Has anyone else with a full Avidyne deck seen this before? 

Thanks!

Doug 
N208LG
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 11:10am
On a DP or STAR, when you activate a leg, the IFD will delete all the waypoints before the first waypoint of the leg, the active waypoint should be the second waypoint of the leg. 
Since you are on a heading to intercept the leg, the active course (magenta line)  is the leg between the waypoints. Unless you activate Direct To one of the waypoint, there will be no active course to the leg.
ansond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ansond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 5:37pm
I still don't understand why the MFD looses the *entire* path... I don't think that should happen.

With the 430Ws you could fly heading, set a given leg, then intercept and fly the leg at any point on that leg...  when everything disappears from the screen(s), its hard to do that.  When doing this with the 430Ws, neither the PFD or the MFD looses the path... 

FYI, the course does not disappear from either of the IFDs... its only the PFD and MFD that seem to loose the path... that tells me its likely an integration bug originating from the IFDs. 

Doug

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic