Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Remove chart update?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradthepilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remove chart update?
    Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 1:21pm
I'm no longer using the chart functionality but can't find a way to remove the now-expired chart data.   Since the chart data is expired but still present, I have to confirm this each time the unit powers on.

Is there a way to delete the chart data to eliminate this prompt?   I did look through the user manual but didn't see anything that might suggest that this is even possible.

IFD540 w/10.2 if that matters.

Thanks!
Brad Benson
RV-6A N164BL
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 10:27pm
YES!!!
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 7:45am
I'd like to see that too but that might be hard from a certification standpoint. 
bradthepilot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradthepilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 11:10am
Originally posted by tony tony wrote:

I'd like to see that too but that might be hard from a certification standpoint. 

Why would removing expired data (data that is not required to be there in the first place) be hard from a certification standpoint?  As a software engineer who has worked on aerospace code I understand there are lots of certification constraints - but from a casual glance this wouldn't seem to be one of them.

Now I'm really curious to see what Avidyne's response is...

Brad Benson
RV-6A N164BL
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 4:42pm
Wouldn't that be misleading data? I think the FMS needs to tell the pilot when the data he or she is looking at has expired.    He didn't ask for the chart data to be removed, he asked for the message to be removed. 
FlyingCOham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingCOham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 4:54pm
Is there a good reason for not removing boith??
Jim Patton
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2017 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by tony tony wrote:

Wouldn't that be misleading data? I think the FMS needs to tell the pilot when the data he or she is looking at has expired.    He didn't ask for the chart data to be removed, he asked for the message to be removed. 
Are we reading the same thread??  Are you referring to some "he" other than the OP?

Emphasis mine:
Originally posted by bradthepilot bradthepilot wrote:

I'm no longer using the chart functionality but can't find a way to remove the now-expired chart data.   Since the chart data is expired but still present, I have to confirm this each time the unit powers on.

Is there a way to delete the chart data to eliminate this prompt?
Originally posted by bradthepilot bradthepilot wrote:

Why would removing expired data (data that is not required to be there in the first place) be hard from a certification standpoint?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic