Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > AXP340/322 ADS-B Transponder
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CRACKED KNOB on AXP-340!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CRACKED KNOB on AXP-340!
    Posted: 09 May 2017 at 10:58am
First, I called tech support, but waited on hold too long.  Then I e-mailed tech support, and I'm waiting to hear back.  I thought I'd take a third swing, and post my issue on the forum:

The knob on my AXP-340 is cracked.  I need a replacement.  I got my AXP-340 back in either December 2014, or January 2015.

I tried to push the button the other day and it wouldn't work.  After some fiddling, I realized that the knob was cracked and when I push the button the knob is sliding further down the shaft, rather than pushing the shaft and activating the button.

Avidyne, please send me a new knob!!

DavidBunin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidBunin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 11:28am
When I bought my IFD540, my first request was for a spare set of knobs that I could store in a dry/cool place for the next decade or two.  Knobs always break in the long run and affordable replacements are only readily available now, while the production line is running.

Like you, I received no response to my request.

Incidentally, I didn't ask for them to be free.  I'll buy them.  But frankly, they shouldn't cost much.
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 8:55am
Never heard back from Tech Support.  Great job Avidyne!  Don't publish an e-mail address if you don't monitor it, or if you don't plan to respond within a reasonable amount of time.

I suppose I'll call on Monday during business hours and wait on hold for who knows how long until I get a live person.

[EDIT -- Finally heard back from Avidyne Tech Support today - one week after my e-mail.  They are sending a new knob.]

Edited by pburger - 15 May 2017 at 9:38am
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2017 at 10:37am
Originally posted by DavidBunin DavidBunin wrote:

When I bought my IFD540, my first request was for a spare set of knobs that I could store in a dry/cool place for the next decade or two.  Knobs always break in the long run and affordable replacements are only readily available now, while the production line is running.

Like you, I received no response to my request.

Incidentally, I didn't ask for them to be free.  I'll buy them.  But frankly, they shouldn't cost much.

+1 This is a great idea.

Vince
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 9:38am
Originally posted by pburger pburger wrote:

Never heard back from Tech Support.  Great job Avidyne!  Don't publish an e-mail address if you don't monitor it, or if you don't plan to respond within a reasonable amount of time.

I suppose I'll call on Monday during business hours and wait on hold for who knows how long until I get a live person.
No need to call in, tech support just sent you an email with the tracking number for the replacement knob. We apologize for the delay in responding, thank you for your patience.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 9:42am
New knob on the way from Avidyne.

I think we all know that TRIG manufactures the AXP-340 (along with several other major brands of transponders).  Because Avidyne doesn't manufacture the transponder, they do not currently carry a stock of consumable parts.  But they did requisition a replacement knob for me and it is on the way.

I would have preferred a response sooner than a week, but they did finally respond and are taking care of my issue.  So, I'm over it.

Thanks Avidyne!
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 11:27am
Another reason for us to get Avidyne p/n that we could order directly from Trig... for both AXP340 and IFDxxx.
Vince
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 1:35pm
Received the replacement knob on Wednesday.  Thanks Avidyne!!

Here is a picture of the cracked knob:

bellanca1730a View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellanca1730a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 6:57am
Maybe if you wouldn't use it as a step-stool to reach that top shelf ...
Sean Andrews
Bellanca Super Viking
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic