Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Networking IFD540 with Stratus 2 / Foreflight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Networking IFD540 with Stratus 2 / Foreflight
    Posted: 10 May 2017 at 8:29pm
I tried to network my IFD540 with Stratus 2 using remote mode of IFD540.  (Running 10.2 SW)

I was not able to see my IFD540 with Foreflight for flight route download while connected to Stratus.

Is there an issue with networking with current Foreflight / Stratus 2 code?

Foreflight downloads from IFD540 work  fine when IFD540 is in local mode.

Edited by edanford - 10 May 2017 at 8:36pm
Ed
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 9:15pm
As I understand it, the Foreflight folks have not yet implemented flight plan uploads, it is up to the software developer to do so.

Uploads are available from FltPlan (iOS) for example, so the facility is there and ready to use.

* Orest

edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 9:26pm
I have successfully uploaded flight plan  to IFD540 with FltPlan sending fltplan to the stored routes page using local mode

I have downloaded flight plans to Foreflight  but upload is not there yet also using local mode.

Today was the first time I tried to network to IFD540 through Stratus 2 using remote mode but failed at that

I did put my Stratus 2 wifi ID into the remote mode location of the Wifi config page  for IFD540
Ed
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 2:46pm
FYI - Although I don't have a Stratus, I was able to make a remote connection to my Stratux wifi, and then access my IFD from FltPlan Go on my iPad.  I can upload and download flight plans using this connection. 

Just wanted to let you know that the remote connection does work for me, albeit with different equipment.

But, I cannot be connected to the IFD-540 and to the Stratux ADS-B feed at the same time.  So, it's just a big PITA right now.  I don't want to give up traffic and weather just so I can cross-load flight plan data.  But it would be nice to have both.  

Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 3:22pm
We have IFD440 with wifi set to remote using Stratus 2. Stratus was selected as the wifi source in the iPad settings.  Foreflight worked with the Stratus as usual, receiving ADS-B traffic and weather.

In Flightplan Go, select Avidyne as the external device and both apps seemed  to work.

I was able to upload and download flight plans from Flightplan Go to the IFD440. On the IFD, it will add the uploaded flight plan to the Routes in FMS.  
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 3:26pm
Ibraham,

Are you running both apps on the iPad simultaneously - with FltPlan Go talking to the IFD, and Foreflight talking to the Stratus?

I want to use one EFB app, and I want to see traffic and weather, and if I change my routing on the IFD, I want it to automatically be reflected on the EFB.  Yes, I want it all!

edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 3:28pm
Thanks guys

I probably did not reset my IFD540 properly or some other small detail.

I will go up to hangar and give it another shot since it appears that it should work
Ed
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2017 at 4:26pm
Yes, both apps were running at the same time, using Foreflight as primary app. I use Fltplan GO mainly to send the flight plan to the IFD, 

Make sure to check that Avidyne is connected on  the external devices tab on  the Fltplan Go, and FltSync is switched on.

Hopefully Foreflight will eventually have the 2 way flight plan transfer. By the way, when IFD wifi is set to remote, the Avidyne is not detected in foreflight to send GPS position and routes from the IFD.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic