Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Confused on Stratus, IFD440,Ipad setup.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Catani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by dwbarnett dwbarnett wrote:

Orest, Thanks for your input.

Hmm, have to ask.   97 views, yet 1 reply. Does this mean that 90 of you were having the same issues?

Will get it worked out sooner or later.

Best,

David

I doubt it means that 90 have your issue.  There aren't that many posts on this Forum, and thread titles aren't always fully descriptive about the content of all the messages posted by everyone to the thread.  So, it doesn't take much time to scan all new posts in hopes of learning something - 95% of which I would not have bothered to look at if I knew what they said before I looked.  In particular, I read your post but do not have your issue (I have an IFD and an iPad, but ditched my Stratus).  So no, # of views don't mean that many people have your problem, and I suspect only a few of the 97 views do have your problem.  Hope the other posters can help you.
FlyingCOham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingCOham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 10:09am
lurking: to be present in a latent or barely discernible state, although still presenting a threat. 
Did I just get called
perfidious?  ( : > )
Jim Patton
psimpson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 7:56am
I had a lot of issues getting  it to work at first. Get Fing like Orest says to make sure the IFD is active. Make sure FF is the current version. I've seen the IFD 100 app partially work and I noticed that if it and the database in the unit aren't matching it won't show a course and gives an error.  When it is working you will see the Stratus and the Avidyne in FF and you will have one more little button along the top to send/receive plans.

I do use a password in the Stratus and thought it was necessary but can't confirm.  I thought psk was where you inserted the password for the Stratus but can't find documentation.  there is an older thread on this that might help
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 7:46am
Well, no need for more than a single reply.

And, as you know, most folks tend to be lurkers.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 04 Dec 2017 at 7:47am
dwbarnett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwbarnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 5:11am

Orest, Thanks for your input.

Hmm, have to ask.   97 views, yet 1 reply. Does this mean that 90 of you were having the same issues?

Will get it worked out sooner or later.

Best,

David

oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 3:28pm
First things, first.

Get an app like FING, log into the Stratus network with your tablet, and ensure that the IFD is on it. If you see the Stratus hotspot, obviously that connection is fine.

If the IFD is there, then just be a bit a patient, the IFD takes a little while to be recognized. Sometimes you need a tablet restart. Look at the Devices page, you should see both the Stratus & the IFD.

I would suggest you remove the password, it just adds another layer of complexity and potential for error when you are first setting it up. And really is not necessary.

The GPS or ADS-B status makes no difference to all this.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 02 Dec 2017 at 3:30pm
dwbarnett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwbarnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 2:25pm

Ok folks, I worked on this for about 2 hrs last night trying to get things to talk to each other.

First, based on the answer to the first question, that may explain my issues.  I'm going to list my steps as well, in case I'm missing something.   I followed the IFD Install manual.

I had the plane in the hanger with doors open, wasn't getting a great GPS signal, but the Avidyne did recognize my location, stratus showed green for GPS.  Did I need to be outside to have this function normally.  I'm talking to everything through WiFi, so why would GPS signal matter?

1. Following Install manual to set IFD as client.  Went to config menu in Maint mode.

2. Setup my Stratus2s in the plane. It showed as Stratus2s014464 on the Wifi network. I selected the Startuss for my WiFi network.  Foreflight showed connected, everything looked good.

3. Selected the WiFi screen, set the IFD to show remote. It showed remote at top left of screen, is that the correct display for being in remote mode.  I had 2 empty boxes below the remote display that had SSID and PSK. I then entered Stratus2s014464 into the SSID box, for the time being left the PSK blank.

4. Fired up my avionics, after Stratus connected on WiFi.  Avidyne showed both WiFI and Bluetooth icons upper right. 

5. I then used FF to create a flightplan, I never saw a panel send to/from button in FF. Double checked settings in foreflight, WiFi network wassetup properly.  I even addeda password to the stratus, same as IFD abcdef1234. 

6. Returned to Config setup in IFD440, entered the stratus password. rebooted everything.

Restarted Stratus, selected the Wifi for stratus, tried another Flt Plan in FF. Still no button to send to panel.

7. Tried the IFD 100 app, it had no data at all, after loading the the current databases.  All units had up to date databases.

Tried sending data to/from IFD 100 app, would not talk to IFD440 at all.

What am I missing here folks? Do I have to have a full up GPS signal for this to work properly?  Am I missing some steps on the config?  I'm out of ideas here. Any input appreciated.

Thank You

Best,

David

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic