Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which Jep subscription?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBSoren71965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Jep subscription?
    Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 6:54am
I've had my IFD440 now for a couple months but have just been using the Jep terrain and obstacle data that came with the unit. My IFD100 doesn't have the same data file, so I can't share flight plans between the two. So, it's time for me to actually buy a Jep subscription, but I'm confused on which one, and if they'll share one subscription.

I have the IFD440 and IFD100, also running Garmin Pilot (subscription last until Sept) that I use for charts, so I don't "need" the charts on the 100, but would be nice to have. Based in MN, but planning a trip to Bahamas in mid March, haven't flown west of South Dakota....yet.

I'm currently VFR, but about half way through my IFR training, so PLAN to be IFR by mid summer, work will prevent me from completing before then.  

Confused so would appreciate advise from those that are currently using a similar setup.

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic