Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Company News > Company News
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Avidyne Live Status

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avidyne Live Status
    Posted: 03 Apr 2018 at 11:37am
Obviously, the forum has been down for a few days.  Early last week we had a hardware issue and temporarily patched it up.  Last weekend the hardware was replaced and that took longer than expected.  IT says it should be good to go now, so keep your fingers crossed!
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 12:52pm

In an effort to increase the uptime reliability of the forum, it was recently rehosted on a new server.  Unfortunately, the transition was less than smooth.  Turns out that both the old and the new forums were active for a while.  As a result, there's about a week's worth of traffic that may or may not exist on the forum.  My first inkling that something was wrong was that I got a few private messages and then they would disappear and then later they would reappear.  It got worse from there.  Fortunately, I think the worst is over and, going forward, the forum will be more stable and remain usable.  If you are still having trouble, please let me know.  You can email me at "slindsley at avidyne.com" if necessary.

So, if you have sent me a PM or posted sometime during the past week or so and I didn't respond, please don't take it personally.  I either never got the message or I responded to the message but it never got to you.  If there's something that I need to take a look at, please bump the topic so that I will recognize it as something that needs my attention.  Same thing with PMs - if you sent me one and it appears that I haven't responded, please try yet again.  If it still doesn't work, just email me.

Sorry for the inconvenience and the confusion.  If it helps, I was just as confused…

Steve

P.S. I still know of an issue that prevents me from attaching images to posts.  That's being investigated.

Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 12:55pm
And the new server is too slow.  I'm trying to get someone to figure that out as well...
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 3:48pm
Latest update...

The site has been reasonably reliable for a week now - knock on wood.  However, we are still working to resolve these two known problems:

• Image uploads don't work.  Some problem with the plug-ins.
  • Email messages to some users are being rejected.  Some ISPs are seeing email messages from the forum as spam and then rejecting them.  I know that verizon.net is one of the affected domains.  There are a couple of others that I know of and probably others that I don't...

Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 6:15pm
If it is the same thing, the email rejection is a common problem, especially with throwaway domains like hotmail.com and live.com.

I see this in an organization I host. Routine system emails that are sent out to members, that have a similar construct, are misidentified as spam because of that -- that is similar emails to more than one recipient in the target domain. Then the sending IP range is inappropriately black listed. 

You can request a removal of the blacklist, but it will be reapplied in short order.

Checking the reject/return errors (if you are able) will identify this.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 02 May 2018 at 6:16pm
afassas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 5:04pm
I had sent AviSteve an email about the rejected emails issue.  It is an Avidyne IT issue concerning their sending email domain and the "TXT" type DNS record for SPF (Sender Policy Framework).  If the email recipient's SMTP server is setup to filter email based upon the Sender's SPF record, then the email will bounce.

SPF is one of several methods used to identify the genuine email senders identity and reduce SPAM being sent under the Sender's domain name.  With the incorrect, SPF record, then the AvidyneLive forum emails look like SPAM to certain recipient email servers and are rejected.
Alex Fassas
Avidyne IFD-540
Lynx NGT-9000+
Aspen MAX PFD1000, MFD1000 & MFD500
Beech A36
KRGA
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:52pm
Another test post.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:07pm
5x5
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:26pm
Rog.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 10:46am
Another test.  I think I have image uploads working.  Can someone try to post an image?

Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
AviTJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviTJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 10:55am
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:06am
One more little tidbit regarding image uploading.  As I was testing, I noticed that if I just brought up the editor and tried to insert an image, I would get the error message "Error inserting object in current location."  After some trial and error, I noticed that when I did that, there was no cursor displayed in the text box.  Once I clicked in there, then inserting the image worked just fine.  I didn't actually have to enter any text, just had to make the cursor appear.  I had AviTJ try this as well and he encountered the same behavior. 

So, if you're going to insert an image into a post, just make sure you can see a cursor before trying to insert the image.

Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:36am
Lets see if it works. 

I am trying with a 200KB image. It took quite a while to get over the window that says: "Please be patient while the image is being uploaded to the server.". 

Edited by HenryM - 11 May 2018 at 11:38am
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by HenryM HenryM wrote:

Lets see if it works. 

I am trying with a 200KB image. It took quite a while to get over the window that says: "Please be patient while the image is being uploaded to the server.".
Thanks Henry, looks good.  My experience with that window is that it will stay up forever until you hit OK, but then it goes away quickly.  Are you saying that it took a while even after you clicked OK?
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 1:51pm
I see. I have to close the window that says waiting to upload image to the server. Then I can click OK and everything works relatively quickly. I also have to highlight the image I want to use in a post. In subsequent image additions, there is a list of files I can elect to use.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic