Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

10.2.1 and HSI glideslope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesronc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10.2.1 and HSI glideslope
    Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 8:52am
Installed 10.2.1 and noticed I couldn’t command the GS indicator up and down on the config page.  I flew approaches just before and after the update, and the GS indicator worked fine.   An email communication with Tech Support suggested:

10.2.1 gave us a "Main Discrete I/O" page.  Try setting the bit here for "ILS/GPS APR"; then toggle over to the Main CDI/OBS page to drive the needles.

I tried resetting the ILS GPS APR bit, but that "feature" appears to have a bug in it.  I reset the bit, then use the big knob to go to the adjoining config page in either direction, and then turn back, and it's reset to "off" without any intervention on my part other than changing the page.  Needless to say, it has no effect on the config up-down test.

After sending the last paragraph back to Tech Support, no further communication, but I thought I’d put out what I know of the matter in case anybody else comes across this.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic