Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > EXP5000 Entegra PFD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No Glideslope when 430W goes into LPV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TxCirrusDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Glideslope when 430W goes into LPV
    Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 8:02pm
Has anyone else had issues where the 430W boxes both show LPV but have not been able to get GS on the Avidyne EX5000 Entegra PFD? I am having issues getting the GS command bars to come in on the PFD, despite in all instances having the LOC showing on the HSI and under the attitude indicator.

Quick recap - in GPS mode (not VLOC) for RNAV (GPS) approaches, showing "Term" then converts to "LPV" on both of my 430W boxes. I am getting lateral navigation no problem on GPS approaches but not receiving any glideslope despite having both 430W's showing LPV and displaying a MSG of "approaching VNAV Waypoint" once w/in 2nm of FAF.

I've spent hours on phone with Garmin - they say it's an Avidyne issue... Not sure if anyone else has experienced this? I'm trying to diagnose what the potential problem would be. NavData between Garmins and Avidyne are both up to date so not sure what the issue could be on the data/software side. This is a new issue that's come-up recently...

Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 10:13pm
What software revision do you have on the PFD? 
TxCirrusDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TxCirrusDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 10:11am
I'm running R8.1 - any thoughts on how to troubleshoot the issue?
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 8:38pm
Check the configuration on the #1 GNS430W

Before turning on the Avionic Power, press and hold the ENT key then turn the power on. Release the ENT key when the display activates. After the Data Base and Instrument Panel Self-test pages, the first page displayed is the MAIN ARINC 429 CONFIG page. Check that you have the following settings:

SDI should show LNAV 1
VNAV should show  Enable Labels

Repeat the same on the #2 GNS430, 

SDI should show LNAV 2
VNAV should show  Enable Labels

TxCirrusDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TxCirrusDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 5:36pm
Tell me the address to send you an Amazon gift certificate... you sir (or madam) are a saint. The fix below did indeed work. I am getting vertical guidance now as expected and my 55X is coupling with the GS and flying the full approach. I'd like to point out that I spent nearly 1 hour on the phone with Garmin's technical support and they didn't know where to start... kept saying it was an Avidyne issue. Then I talked to Avidyne's support - they said it has to be a software issue, couldn't diagnose it... said it probably needed to go to an avionics dealer / mx shop to fix the issue. That is until I got your response which worked wonders. Thank you thank you thank you!!! I'm now officially a believer in forums

Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2018 at 8:29pm
You are very welcome, glad it worked and to help a fellow Cirrus pilot.
Ibrahim
quinaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2022 at 1:08pm
Hi Ibraham,
I have this problem, but settings seem to be as you described!
What else can be? Any idea?
Thank you very much for your support.
Manuel Quinaz

Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 2:36pm
Are they both WAAS, what other avionics do you have?
quinaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 5:25pm
Avidyne... it's a Cirrus G3
• Avidyne Entegra Primary Flight Display (PFD) 
• Avidyne EX5000C Multi-Function Display (MFD) 
• GMA 340 Audio Panel 
• 2 Garmin GNS 430W/430W
• S-Tec 55x Autopilot
• GTX 330 Mode-S Transponder 
What else can be?!
Thank you 🙏
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 6:55pm
Try Honeywell EFIS instead of Sandel on the IN 1. What software version do you have on the PFD?
quinaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 3:02am
I have to check it in the plane! I’ll come back to you.
Thank you 🙏 
quinaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 12:19pm
Please check attached images.
PFD: SR22 (W2) Enter EXP5000 R7.0
GNS430W: Ver 2.00, GPS Ver 2.4
Thank you again for your support.

Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 3:05pm
rev 7 should support LPV, was it working before and now no longer does?

Are all the NAV databases up to date on the GNS 430’s

Try to change the GNS setting to Honeywell EFIS instead of Sandel

Hope that works 
Ibrahim
quinaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 5:45pm
I don’t know if it was working before, because GPS approaches are starting to be published in Portugal!
All NAV databases are current except obstacles! Do I need to update those also?!
I’ll try to change the GNS Setting to see if it works, and come back to you.
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2022 at 7:01pm
Do you mean Terrain database, I believe NAV databases include obstacles. 
Which airport/runway were you doing the approach into, does it have a published GPS/RNAV with LPV?
quinaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 8:30am
For example LPPR... its has a published app!
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Ibraham Ibraham wrote:

Do you mean Terrain database, I believe NAV databases include obstacles. 
Which airport/runway were you doing the approach into, does it have a published GPS/RNAV with LPV?

No, Jepp publishes Obstacles as a separate database (read "subscription") unless you have subscribed to a complete package of Navdata, Obstacles, Terrain, Charts.

But the obstacle database should play no role in this issue.
Vince
quinaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 5:07pm
Done... Lets see if it works!
I'll return to you asap.
Thank you.

Melohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 1:43pm
Is your problem the same one as the original poster? That is, are you seeing LPV annotated on your 430W, but not seeing vertical guidance? If you aren’t seeing LPV, or LNAV+V, you won’t get vertical cues.

The reasons for this are potentially many. The approach may not be in the database, it may not be correct from Jepp, or you may not be receiving the appropriate signals from the SBAS satellite in Europe.

quinaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2022 at 1:46pm
I didn't try yet this new solution, but still not having before changing EFIS setting.
Where should I see LPV or LNAV+V?
quinaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 8:02am
Hi Ibraham
Still not getting LPV...
In the SBAS selection page I have this:
and in a friend of mine plane, I get this:

Do you think this can be the problem? How do I get EGNOS option available.

These are the versions of my GNS 430:

Thank you for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic