Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Update on 10.2.3.1 software"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Update on 10.2.3.1 software"
    Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 1:27pm
If you're in Facebook, there's a group called "Avidyne Pilots Club" that's run by Avi's marketing folks. At 1807 GMT they posted this: "We'll be giving an update on 10.2.3.1 software as well as a MANDATORY update this afternoon. Stay tuned!" I invite you to share your speculation below for the 10.2.3.1 update update. (I'm about 90% that the "MANDATORY update" will be for GPS week rollover so not getting too excited about it.)

Edited by paulr - 12 Feb 2019 at 1:28pm
LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 3:29pm
The .dsf file to take care of the GPS rollover is available as of today. It takes your 10.2.X.0 to 10.2.X.0A.
I did mine with no issues whatsoever.

They have an update to take people who haven't done the 10.2update. This update will take them  to 10.2.2.0A. The "A" suffix means that you have done the GPS rollover work around. 

They plan on 10.2.3.1 being available by the end of March. Even if it's not this work around will take care of any GPS rollover concerns.

Whenever 10.2.3.1 is available here's what they are saying it includes:
  1. Adds GLAS (GPS Legacy Avionics Support) for support of Proline 21 in CJ and King Air
  2. Adds improved ADS-B Weather and Traffic integration with Foreflight
  3. Adds ADS-B textual TFRs, AIRMETS and SIGMETS.
  4. Adds support for Garmin G5 HSI 
  5. Adds support for Lynx NGT-9000 Remote Transponder
  6. Adds a new zoom mode which provides the ability to display large datablocks and button label text
  7. Adds support for both Heads-Up Technologies XMD-076A datalink and GDL 69A SXM
  8. Allows for display of datablocks on the SVS pages
  9. Improves display and editing features of Airways SIDS and STARS and approaches
  10. Adds fuel totalizer function when connected to a remote fuel computer
  11. Improved Wi-Fi configuration to ease integration with Stratus, Foreflight and other Wi-Fi connected devices.

The new 10.2.3.1 training application includes all the 10.2.3.1 features, new tutorials on using the system, much more flexibility in "flying" the simulated IFD, easier database loading, and a host of other improvements.

HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 4:03pm
When you mention the new def, is it a full OS installation (that takes quite q while to load), or is it just one new file, so the installation is short and painless? 

I've done a couple of updates before, and it takes quite a long time. I think part (a big portion) of the time is just installing the terrain database after all data is erased and reloaded. It would be nice if that database didn't need to be added each time. 
Stevei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 5:43pm
Lance,

"The .dsf file to take care of the GPS rollover is available as of today. It takes your 10.2.X.0 to 10.2.X.0A.
I did mine with no issues whatsoever."

How did you get the .dsf file and does it need to be signed off?
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 6:22pm
There's another thread with the official answer, but just go to 

to request the update. You will then get an e-mail with a video of the installation process and links to the def file and the written instructions.

Edited by HenryM - 12 Feb 2019 at 6:23pm
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by HenryM HenryM wrote:

When you mention the new def, is it a full OS installation (that takes quite q while to load), or is it just one new file, so the installation is short and painless? 
The DSF that just fixes the GPS rollover is pretty quick.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Stevei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 9:31pm
I just watched the video and it says it takes 20 minutes or so to load and you should be on ground power to be sure your battery doesn't fail.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 9:52pm
I guess it's a matter of perspective :)
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
GBSoren71965 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBSoren71965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 6:27am
Steve,

The way I understand the updates is you can either install just the roll over GPS bug update OR wait until released and install 10.2.3.1, either will fix the GPS roll over. Am I correct? You wouldn't have to to both.
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 8:50am
Why is it that a software update like this can be signed off of by the owner/operator, but an update from 10.2.2.0 to 10.2.3.1 requires an A&P sing-off? The update process is exactly the same, other than the elapsed time for the software to load. 
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:59am
I know the version upgrade requires and A&P, but I thought the GPS rollover patch can be signed off by the owner. I was wondering why the difference?
avimyers View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avimyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 12:19pm
Both require sign off.
Avimyers
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 12:26pm
OK. I had misunderstood. I read on another thread the owner could install the GPS Week Rollover Patch and sign it off. I didn't realize it required an A&P sign-off.
AZ Flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AZ Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 1:23pm
See CFR Part 43, Section 43.3 (which also references Part 43 Appendix A): https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?node=pt14.1.43 which indicates that unless specifically authorized in Section 43.3, "no person may maintain, rebuild, alter, or perform preventive maintenance on an aircraft, airframe, aircraft engine, propeller, appliance, or component part to which this part applies."

Subsection 43.3(g) provides that "the holder of a pilot certificate issued under part 61 may perform preventive maintenance on any aircraft owned or operated by that pilot which is not used under part 121, 129, or 135."

Preventive maintenance items spelled out in Appendix A include:  "(31) Removing and replacing self-contained, front instrument panel-mounted navigation and communication devices that employ tray-mounted connectors that connect the unit when the unit is installed into the instrument panel, (excluding automatic flight control systems, transponders, and microwave frequency distance measuring equipment (DME)). The approved unit must be designed to be readily and repeatedly removed and replaced, and pertinent instructions must be provided. Prior to the unit's intended use, and [sic] operational check must be performed in accordance with the applicable sections of part 91 of this chapter."

Subsection 43.3(k) provides "Updates of databases in installed avionics meeting the conditions of this paragraph are not considered maintenance and may be performed by pilots provided:

(1) The database upload is:

(i) Initiated from the flight deck;

(ii) Performed without disassembling the avionics unit; and

(iii) Performed without the use of tools and/or special equipment.

(2) The pilot must comply with the certificate holder's procedures or the manufacturer's instructions."

There are no other avionics-specific exceptions spelled out in Part 43 Section 43.3 or Appendix A.

Edited by AZ Flyer - 13 Feb 2019 at 1:37pm
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 4:25pm
Updating the software of the IFD meets the requirements listed:

(i) the update Initiated from the flight deck - just plug in the USB drive, as done for a database update

(ii) it is performed without disassembling the avionics unit; - see (i)

and

(iii) it is performed without the use of tools and/or special equipment. - nothing special about the firmware update compared to a database update. It just takes a bit longer.

Regarding:

(2) The pilot must comply with the certificate holder's procedures or the manufacturer's instructions."

I guess it is up to Avidyne to require or not require sign-off in their instructions? It is not any more difficult to install a firmware update than a database update.

paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 4:34pm
The software by its nature is not a database, either within the layman's understanding or the FAA's rules. I wish we could install and do our own signoffs under the owner-maintenance rule but I don't think this qualifies (and, more importantly, neither do Avi or the FAA, since my opinion is worth what you paid for it).
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 4:55pm
OK. Then I guess this means a trip to an avionics shop or to a willing A&P even for the simple GPS Week Rollover Patch. 

Edited by HenryM - 13 Feb 2019 at 4:59pm
jimmyz80 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmyz80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:05pm
I'm confused about this too, since Avidyne seems to only release the full update files to A&Ps, but this rollover patch got emailed right to me after filling out a web form.  I was also under the impression that the ONLY think owners could do with avionics was update databases.
2006 Cirrus SR22 - IFD540 IFD440 DFC90 AXP322 MLB100
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 7:25am
I'd love to be wrong! Maybe Steve can weigh in with Avi's official guidance. Sadly my plane's in for annual so I'm not in any particular hurry to patch it, since I can't fly it while it's partially disassembled. The struggle is real.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 9:25am
A pilot without a maintenance rating cannot legally perform this update except under the supervision of someone who holds that rating and who is prepared to sign off the airplane.  If you can work out an arrangement with someone with an appropriate rating such that you can do the update and they're willing to sign off, then that's legal.

We don't make the rules...

If you have an experimental airplane, you can generally do the update and sign off on your own.  Again, subject to the applicable rules for experimental aircraft.

Edited by AviSteve - 14 Feb 2019 at 3:08pm
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
acashetta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acashetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 5:11pm
Called Avidyne Tech Support today and asked if the new update will allow us to lower the map scale below 2 miles.  "No idea," said the tech support guy. Please post an answer.  Hoping this is part of the software upgrade. Thanks, Andy
Andy
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 5:15pm
No, 2nm is still the minimum.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 9:36pm
Do the dealers have this upgrade yet?
LANCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by rpostmo rpostmo wrote:

Do the dealers have this upgrade yet?
No, the latest they have is 10.2.2
donemory View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donemory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 3:54pm
I just received a new IFD540 last week, (3/4/19), to get installed week after next, will it have the updated software, 10.2.3.1?

Edited by donemory - 13 Mar 2019 at 3:55pm
Don
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by donemory donemory wrote:

I just received a new IFD540 last week, (3/4/19), to get installed week after next, will it have the updated software, 10.2.3.1?
No, 10.2.3.1 is not yet released.

Edited by AviSteve - 13 Mar 2019 at 4:21pm
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
SB Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 8:14pm
Steve,

My avionics shop is a long way from home base. Going there for software updates means burning most of a day. My long time IA is willing to supervise my installation of updates to the IFD 540 and sign off my logs upon completion.

I’m computer literate and have updated my brand G box but never the Avidyne which is still flawlessly running the software it had when it was installed in 2015. I want to get it up to date.

Whom should I call at Avidyne to get access to the updates and get this started?

I’ve already discussed this with my IA and he’s good to go with this. I just need to get pointed in the right direction.

Regards, Jim
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by SB Jim SB Jim wrote:

Steve,

My avionics shop is a long way from home base. Going there for software updates means burning most of a day. My long time IA is willing to supervise my installation of updates to the IFD 540 and sign off my logs upon completion.

I’m computer literate and have updated my brand G box but never the Avidyne which is still flawlessly running the software it had when it was installed in 2015. I want to get it up to date.

Whom should I call at Avidyne to get access to the updates and get this started?

I’ve already discussed this with my IA and he’s good to go with this. I just need to get pointed in the right direction.

Regards, Jim
Call tech support, ask for Chris Evans, and explain the situation.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
SB Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 10:27pm
Thank you.

Will do.

Regards, Jim
allenc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 2:26am
I have the same Issue. My AI here on my field signed off on the GPS rollover patch, which he signed and I faxed back to Avidyne. Can he sign off on the 10.2.3.1 Software when available? This would save me having to not only make a 2-3 hour round trip, but also save me having to take a day off during the week, as most avionics shops are not open on weekends

Thanks

Claude Allen, Green Cove Springs, Fl.

Claude
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 2:46am
I have installed the software patches and my A&P/IA signs off on them. I got them from Chris. Just be aware that they take a long time to load. I attach ground power to my plane in order to not wear down the battery. In 12/14V planes, you can use a jumper and connect up to a running car. Aircraft Sprice sells portable power supplies too, like this one for a 24V plane:

acashetta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acashetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 12:04pm
well, 2nm is not a small enough scale. compared to the garmin 650, the ifd440 is too cluttered. it would be a good thing to have a smaller (1/4nm) scale to focus in on certain airport/ground features. please see what you can do to make this happen. thanks, andy
Andy
allenc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 2:03am
I looked at that ground power unit, the 12 volt one being considerably cheaper if you call almost $300 cheap. I found you can purchase this thing cheaper on Aircraft Spruce's companion page called pilot Shop, and the shipping is free too,
Claude
Flybuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flybuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 9:41am
Originally posted by AviSteve AviSteve wrote:

Originally posted by SB Jim SB Jim wrote:

Steve,

Regards, Jim
Call tech support, ask for Chris Evans, and explain the situation.

I've got the same issue as I'll be picking up my plane after a 440 install next week and the shop is 200 miles from home. I've got a few APs and IAs where I live although they tend to use me as their techie. Will Chris be at SunNFun?
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 10:21am
I use a 12V Schauer portable power unit I bought from Aircraft Spruce a few years ago connected in parallel with a 12V used aircraft battery for external power for my 12V Piper Archer. With this airplane, this keeps me from having to turn the master (aircraft battery) on to power the avionics and helps protect against power outages and surges while the aircraft is externally powered.
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 2:04pm
The cheapest price I find for the Cessna version of the 12V ground power supply is $249.50 at Chief Aircraft: http://www.chiefaircraft.com/sch-jac2512c.html

Flybuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flybuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by dmtidler dmtidler wrote:

I use a 12V Schauer portable power unit I bought from Aircraft Spruce a few years ago connected in parallel with a 12V used aircraft battery for external power for my 12V Piper Archer. With this airplane, this keeps me from having to turn the master (aircraft battery) on to power the avionics and helps protect against power outages and surges while the aircraft is externally powered.

Isn't the avionics master run through the normal master switch? I've got an Archer with external power also and was considering just running the jumper to a 2nd battery. I still thought I'd have to turn the main master on (battery side only on the split switch).
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:03pm
On my 1978 vintage Archer, when external power is applied, a relay closes that powers the airplane’s electrical system with both sides of the master switch off. At this point, all I need to do is turn on the avionics master switch on to power the avionics.
Flybuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flybuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 3:52pm
Thx, mine is an 83 but I'll try it.
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 5:22pm
In my Bonanza S35, I bypass the battery solenoid and put the positive lead of a 13.6V power supply (30A), positive lead on the main buss terminal coming out of the solenoid.  I put the negative to ground.  This bypasses the master relay switch, and keeps buss voltage at 13.6V +/- 0.4V.  

There is a big draw when the 540s power up, and otherwise there could be a 1 V drop or maybe more if just drawing off of battery.  I also found by doing this a bunch of times, the connection through which the incoming power comes to the main buss (at the ammeter) was loose.  Fixing this gives me rock solid power through any update cycle (as long as I don't let some idiot walk around the airframe and compromise the connections).
David Gates
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 10:01pm
I believe your ‘83 Archer works the same; according to the Piper Archer maintenance manual, this is the same for all Archer IIs. The Archer IIIs are also this way; however, have 28v electrical systems.
allenc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 2:41am
Chief with tax and shipping is $297 here in Florida as they have to charge sales tax, Pilot Shop has the unit for $283, no tax and free shipping. If I can convince Avidyne to allow me (under supervision of my AI) to install this updates, I will but one of these units.

BTW

If you really want to spend some money on one of these Chargers, Sporty's has the same one listed for $389 plus tax and shipping.

Claude
Claude
Bob H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by allenc3 allenc3 wrote:

Chief with tax and shipping is $297 here in Florida as they have to charge sales tax, Pilot Shop has the unit for $283, no tax and free shipping. If I can convince Avidyne to allow me (under supervision of my AI) to install this updates, I will but one of these units.

BTW

If you really want to spend some money on one of these Chargers, Sporty's has the same one listed for $389 plus tax and shipping.

Claude
You don't need to convince Avidyne of anything.  Your A&P is authorized and approved for doing the install.  I would use my A&P's power supply rather than shelling out the money for one that gets used so rarely.
Bob
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 1:46pm
If you have a 12V plane, you can just jump it with a car or car battery.
Flybuddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flybuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 3:03pm
Here's a 12 volt plane being jumped by a motorcycle instead of a battery

https://www.msn.com/nb-no/motor/video/motorcycle-jumps-over-airplane/vp-BBR4ReM
allenc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 12:50am
Not looking to jump start it. The Tiger is one of the easiest airplanes to do that on, I want to continuously power the bus while updateing or otherwise practicing on my Ayidyne IDF 440. I tried just adding a 25 AMP charger to the battery, but using a ground power plug I can bypass the battery altogether by just energizing the Bus.
Claude
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 8:23am
Not jump start, but you can use the car as the power source. You could hook the car to the ground power plug. Start the car, and you won’t wear down the battery as you wait for an hour for the firmware update to take place.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 4:05pm
Well, a quick glance at 10.2.3.1, in the new trainer app.

They have done exactly as I had suggested for the next leg/waypoint enhancement, that is reversing the order of the barber pole so white comes first and increasing the size of the waypont marks. Well, I'm delighted, and honored!

The BB is much more visible now, great! Handy thing.

And, flightplan same waypoints no longer "merge" and disappear, between approaches and such. THey can be split apart if needed, no need to put in "fake" waypoints to separate them. Excellent.

Even just those three things is a lot!

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 21 Mar 2019 at 4:07pm
forkauto View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forkauto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by oskrypuch oskrypuch wrote:

Well, a quick glance at 10.2.3.1, in the new trainer app.

They have done exactly as I had suggested for the next leg/waypoint enhancement, that is reversing the order of the barber pole so white comes first and increasing the size of the waypont marks. Well, I'm delighted, and honored!

The BB is much more visible now, great! Handy thing.

And, flightplan same waypoints no longer "merge" and disappear, between approaches and such. THey can be split apart if needed, no need to put in "fake" waypoints to separate them. Excellent.

Even just those three things is a lot!

* Orest

Did you already get the update? Didn't know it was out yet
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 4:56pm
DO NOT have the update yet, in my IFD.

BUT, the new V2 trainer app DOES have it. A nice preview of the functions.

With the trainer app release, expect that the firmware update is imminent.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 21 Mar 2019 at 5:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic