Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ayidyne and Foreflight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ayidyne and Foreflight
    Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 1:40am
I have been fooling around with two ipad minis running in conjunction with my 440, one of them with IDF100 app connected to the 440 wifi and the other connected to my Stratus II and Foreflight for weather and traffic. I like to do my flightplans on Foreflight because I can also file through Foreflight. To upload the flightplans from Foreflight to the 440, I unconnect from Stratus wifi and connect to the 440.

I saw on Foreflight that the 440 can connect directly to the Stratus wifi by configuring the 440 to remote or local mode. How do I do that. I looked in the pilots guide but it did not tell me much that I could understand (maybe I am dumb). The Foreflight webpage showed a screenshot of the wifi config page, but did not explain (in terms I could understand) how to accomplish this. Could someone tell me how to configure this "by the numbers" so a dumb guy can follow the directions on how to do this, or failing that, tell me where to look on line or in the various Avidyne literature?

Thanks
Claude
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 11:05am
See if this networking setup guide will help.  This should all become much easier with 10.2.3.1
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
allenc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 12:27pm
I followed the directions in the setup guide making the 440 a remote server, and yes, I could log on with foreflight, but then the IDF 100 app would not work. What am I doing wrong/
Claude
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 11:11pm
That's not really enough information to go on...  Make sure the iPad is connected to the Stratus network.  Look for the green wifi icon on the IFD440 and IFD100.  
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
allenc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 12:47am
ok, I went into config and selected network config.
Changed mode to remote wifi
Changed SSID to StratusXXXXXXX (X's being the number on my Stratus 2)
Changed the PSK to stratusSecreat as per the example

Set the Ipad Mini with Foreflight Wifi to StratusXXXXXXX
Was able to logon to the Stratus network with this Mini.
Foreflight worked as usual but did not try to upload and flight plans to the 440.

Set the Ipad Mini I use for the IDF 100 Wifi to StratusXXXXXX
This ipad mini also logged on to the Stratus network, but

The IDF 100 software would not connect.

What am I doing wrong?

I reversed everything back to local where I simply log the Foreflight Mini to the Stratus box (outside the 440) and it still functions as befor.

I logged on the mini with IDF 100 locally to the 440 and it works as before, but of course cannot upload flightplans in this mode.

What am I setting up wrong.

Thanks

Claude
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 4:34am
It takes the IFD100 a little while to fully connect to the IFD440. Did you wait for the WiFi symbol to turn green? 

Do I understand correctly, you didn’t try to upload FF flight plans, but the symbol to do so was on in FF?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 9:50am
Try configuring remote with SSID for your stratus, but having no PSK at all.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
allenc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allenc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 12:10am
SUCCESS!

Dropped the PSK and both ipads locked on. Sent flightplans both directions. Slick as goose****.

Claude
Claude
dpcraig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpcraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 9:18pm
Can the same be done with the Sentry ADSB receiver, connect both the IFD and Sentry to Foreflight through a remote network? 
dpcraig
psimpson View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 11:00pm
I am using the Stratus as the gateway using the IFD in remote mode.  I am using a password and Foreflight will connect then disconnect every minutes then reconnect.

IFD 100 won't connect at all says "IFD configured incorrectly. I have a green WiFi icon.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by psimpson psimpson wrote:

I am using the Stratus as the gateway using the IFD in remote mode.  I am using a password and Foreflight will connect then disconnect every minutes then reconnect.

IFD 100 won't connect at all says "IFD configured incorrectly. I have a green WiFi icon.
Are you using the same iPad for Foreflight and for IFD100?  If so, try shutting one of them down (like swipe up to close...).  If that doesn't work, be sure to check that cellular data is OFF on your iPad.  If that doesn't work, try eliminating the password from the Stratus.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic