Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > EX-Series Multi-Function Displays
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

8.2.X and Recent ADS-B Additions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8.2.X and Recent ADS-B Additions
    Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:45am
Will the EX5000 MFD version 8.2.x display the newer FIS-B weather products such as Center Weather Advisories, Cloud Tops, Graphical Airmets, Icing Forecast, Turbulence and Lightning?

------------
dave
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 11:16am
No, not yet.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
daveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 12:55pm
I guess the follow-up's would be:

* Is this planned for a post 8.2.x release?
* If so, is there a charge for the new feature set or would it be included as part of the 8.2.x license?
------------
dave
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 1:30pm
We don't have a solid plan yet for another MFD release, but when that happens I would expect support for the new ADS-B products to be included.  We've typically not charged for software updates and I wouldn't expect that to change.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
daveS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 3:04pm
Thanks.

I'm new to the Avidyne world so my apologies if this has been answered elsewhere but I was under the impression that some releases needed to be purchased.  I'm currently on 8.1 and will be upgrading to 8.2.x when my local shop installs my Lynx NGT-9000+ later this summer. I was told the EX5000 upgrade would be ~$1K which is supported by this excerpt from an Avidyne Press Release:

Pricing for these upgrades vary based on current equipage and versions and desired equipage. Software upgrades for R8.2/R4.2/R9.4 have a list price of $999.

Is this no longer the case?

------------
dave
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 3:39pm
Sorry, you're right about that.  I get focused on the IFD line and forget some of the details in the other lines.  The short answer is that since we don't have a solid plan yet, it's too early to say what the charge, if any, would be.

*Note that the $999 is MSRP for the software, but there are often additional costs associated with the upgrade.

Edited by AviSteve - 04 Nov 2019 at 4:45pm
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
Ibraham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibraham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:07pm
Hello Steve,
Any news regarding 8.2.2 release date?

AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:34am
It's pretty close.  Look for it in June.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
acm852 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acm852 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 8:42pm
Disappointing.  We were hoping for a May release.  It's not good to have to reset the MFD every 40-50 minutes in flight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic