Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Entegra Release 9 > Release 9 Insiders - Anyone can post
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stormscope problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Turrisi View Drop Down
Release 9 Insiders
Release 9 Insiders

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turrisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stormscope problems
    Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 3:35pm
Ted:
I did, about 6 months ago and this, from you, is the first response. The fact is that the "yellow X's" on the Release 9 IFD are not showing up where there is real lightning. The datalink shows it better and datalink is supposed to be less sensitive that the Stormscops. I have seen the opposite for 2.5 years now since the R9installation. The Stormscope in my plane is no longer reliable so I have an $8000 piece of equipment I cannot use anymore. It worked fine on the old Garmin 430.
Brian
FlyingLester View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlyingLester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 3:13pm
Brian,

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to.  R9 supports the Stromscope lightning detection sensor.  Performance or installation problems with the Stormscope need to be addressed to L-3.  If you have a specific problem with your R9 or R9/Stromscope interface, please don't hesitate to contact the Avidyne R9 Hotline: 1-877-MyAviR9.

-Ted  
Turrisi View Drop Down
Release 9 Insiders
Release 9 Insiders

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turrisi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 10:34am
Many R9 users are need seeing Stormscope data displayed on the IFDs in a reliable manner.
Understand this has been "known" for over a year. Any update on the status of this?
Brian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic