Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deleting an old approach chart database

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deleting an old approach chart database
    Posted: 05 Jun 2019 at 1:09pm
Is there any way to delete an old database from an IFD-540?

I used to have an approach chart subscription from Jepp that I cancelled a while back. I only get nav data and obstacles now. This results in a notification of an expired database every time the IFD starts up. Is there any way to delete that database so the error message about the expired database doesn't come up?

I thought installing the 10.2.3.1 update would erase everything and I would have to install a current database, but that was not the case. The databases, including the expired one, survived the update.
Stevei View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 2:11pm
Great question Henry. I have the same issue.
paulr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 2:37pm
+1-- I have the same issue. I was sort of hoping that the software upgrade process would wipe out my navdata load so I could reload the latest version and get rid of the obsolete chart database, but nah.
afassas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afassas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 5:09pm
+1 Me too!  Expired charts on my IFD-540 and I dropped the chart subscription.
Alex Fassas
Avidyne IFD-540
Lynx NGT-9000+
Aspen MAX PFD1000, MFD1000 & MFD500
Beech A36
KRGA
rolfe_tessem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolfe_tessem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 5:19pm
+1

It is annoying, but only annoying...

Rolfe

ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 7:51pm
+2
David Gates
HenryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HenryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 12:19am
I guess it is a popular question! At least six of us want to know ...

I seem to recall the upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2 did erase the navigation databases, but this last update didn't. I kind of like that the databases were preserved, but I would also want a way to delete the databases at will for cases like the one I described.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 11:07am
There's no easy way to do that.  Even if the old chart files were deleted, the system looks at other files containing chart unavailable dates, etc.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic