Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bluetooth keyboard input sluggish?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bluetooth keyboard input sluggish?
    Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 3:29pm
Recently, I have been unable to use my BT keyboard due to excessive sluggishness.  I will make keypresses on the keyboard, but nothing will appear to happen on the IFD.  I'll give up, set the keyboard down, and start using the on-screen keyboard to make my entries, but then the keypresses I made on the BT keyboard will start slowly coming in and will interfere with my on-screen inputs.  It's as if the BT keyboard inputs get buffered, then the buffer empties very slowly.

I don't remember when this started, but it's been in effect for a long time now...long enough that I can't remember the last time I successfully used my BT keyboard.  Months ago, anyway.  I used to use it all the time with no problem.

Anyone else have this problem?  Any suggestions for how to fix it?
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 4:12pm
I had the same thing happen some time ago. Called up tech support, and they shipped me a new one.

Some of these keyboards go south, and result in a 10 sec lag or so in keypresses, or more.

* Orest
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 4:39pm
Odd--I would not have suspected a hardware failure.  Thanks for the info--I'll call tech support.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 7:56pm
I almost always see a few second delay on the first command I make on the keyboard after startup but every command after that first one is very fast.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

I almost always see a few second delay on the first command I make on the keyboard after startup but every command after that first one is very fast.

It will normally be a 2 second delay, for it to wake up, if you haven't used it for a bit or initiallly.

When it is in the errant condition, that can stretch to 10 seconds or more. It is different, makes it relatively unusable.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 18 Jun 2019 at 8:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic