Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

540 configuration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dieselcam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 540 configuration
    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 5:44pm
I have a bunch of Avidyne equipment in my Cirrus.  I had the audio panel, 540, 440, DFC90 remote transponder and MLB100 installed 30 months ago.  
Ever since the install after the stack heats up the TAWS shuts off on the EX5000.  It is temperature related.  On a cool morning I will get 15 to 20 minutes of flight and then get the yellow light on the left side panel and a TAWS UNAVAILABLE.
My Montana avionics shop installed an older Garmin 530 and everything is fine.  TAWS stays active.
In April the shop was installing a new IFD540 for a customer and I was able to use it for a test flight.  I flew for over an hour and everything was fine.  After they contacted Avidyne they agreed to replace it under warranty.
In late May I took my aircraft in for annual here in Calgary Canada.  I removed the 540 and sent it to Avidyne for the warranty replacement.  The replacement arrived last Friday and I really wanted to get my bird out of the shop.  I was really upset to find it was not configured at all.  Since the old unit was gone we could not look though the screens and take pictures of the configuration. The issue is my avionics shop is an hour flight away in Montana and my shop who keep my plane flying is here in Canada and knows virtually nothing about these IFD's
Spent 2 hours screwing around get some old pictures sent from the Avionics shop. I finally have things set up with the exception of Synthetic Vis. 
Can anyone on here tell me where this is enabled in the config screens? 
Thank you 
cam
Cruiser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cruiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 6:05pm
need more info

there are no config settings i am aware of
dieselcam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dieselcam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 6:33pm
When I installed the replacement IFD and fired it up the SVS button was at the bottom of the map screen.  When we went though the config the SVS tab at the bottom of the map screen is gone.
cam
dieselcam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dieselcam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 6:48pm
Cannot upload a photo here. 
When I go to the system tab screen it shows various info.
SW Ver 10.2.3.1
SW PN
Sys time
Sys ID
Options
Below options there 11 items.  On both the 540 and the 440 SVS is highlighted and on both units there is no SVS button on the map page on either the 540 or the 440.
cam
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 10:02am
Whatever paid options you had have been lost with the installation of the new IFD.  Have your local shop call tech support.  Together, they can figure out the history and then we can send a file that will re-enable the correct options.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 10:43am
Dieselcam:  I've been in that boat.  This is an easy fix, and doesn't need a trip to the avionics shop.  Like Steve says, either you or your mechanic should talk to Avidyne tech support, and they'll build you a settings file to enable all the features you should have available.  The actual install process is as easy as loading a Jepp update, but even quicker.
nrproces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrproces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 11:25am

I am guessing that you are dealing with Rocky Mtn. Avionics at GPI (FCA) {Mitch was the previous owner}, they were recently purchased by Glacier Jet Center, when it was owned, and operated by the previous administration {Mitch}, there was a great deal more personal interest in the customers specific aircraft and results, might I suggest Aerotronics in Missoula. [Jon Paul is the property owner (maintains a relationship with the Billings office) and has a great work ethic although it will be a little slower on the time it takes to get the job done.

Edited by nrproces - 24 Jun 2019 at 11:55pm
Sauce
dieselcam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dieselcam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 12:39am
Got the file sent today and I loaded them on both IFD's, super easy just like a database update.  Now I have SVS on both units.  Thank you 
cam
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic