TAS 620 or 9900BX
Joined: 16 Nov 2011
Posted: 16 Nov 2011 at 4:50pm
I'm from Brazilian Air Force and intend to buy a TAS 620 for a EC-135 by Brazilian Aeronautic COmission in Washington. Have you hear about that ?
Question 1: The price in your Retail Price List is $20.990, what's the final price after taxes ?
Question 2: Additional items are required for installation in my EC-135 ?
Question 3: How is TAS600 Series Accessories Transponder Coupler work ? Is it essencial or not to buy ?
Question 4: After purchase, how long to receive the equipment in Washington ?
Question 5: What’s the difference between TAS 620 and TACD 9900BX ? What’s the best and why ?
Question 6: How much TCAD 9900BX cost without and with tax included to delivery in Washington?
My helicopter has 2 MFD (2PFD AND 2 ND) and 2 GPS Garmim 430.
Question 7: The traffic advisory will appear in both ND and in both GPS display ?
Question 8: What the items are included when I buy a TAS 620, just 01 ea processor; 01 ea single blade antenna and 01 ea twin blade antenna ?
Question 9: The both, TAS 620 and TACD 9900BX , just has Audible Position Alerting that announces traffic alert, clock face position, and elevation "Traffic! 12 o'clock high! 1 Mile!", I mean, they don’t have “Resolutions Advisories” (climb, descend, etc) ?
Joined: 19 May 2009
Location: Lincoln, MA
Please send me an email directly to email@example.com and I'll answer your questions fully. For some I need additional information.
As an FYI for everyone on the forum, here are the easy answers to some of your questions:
3) The Transponder coupler goes between the transponder and the transponder antenna and allows the TAS to see when the transponder is replying to radar interrogations. The keeps the aircraft with the TAS from seeing itself.
5) There is no difference between the TAS620 and the 9900BX. The 9900BX's name was changed to the TAS620 when Avidyne and Ryan International merged.
6) Avidyne now only sells the TAS620, not the 9900BX
8) All TAS systems come with the processor, the processor mounting tray, a single blade antenna, a twin blade antenna, the transponder coupler, and necessary connectors. A complete list of the included parts is in the installation manual.
9) Correct, all TAS and TCAS I systems provide Traffic Advisories, not Resolution Advisories.
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum