Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > DFC90/DFC100 Digital Autopilot
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DFC90 for the Cessna 210

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMSutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DFC90 for the Cessna 210
    Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 12:57pm
Like many of my peers, I have an S-Tec 55X autopilot installed in my 1981 Cessna T210N.  I'd like to replace it with a DFC90.  Do you have any plans to pursue an STC for the Cessna 210?

In addition to my 55X autopilot, I recently installed an Aspen EFD 1000 Pro which interfaces with my Garmin 530W and 430W.  So I should be good to go as far as avionics are concerned.

My plane also has RSTOL installed, which was accommodated by the S-Tec STC.  How have you been handling the special requirements, if any, of STOL-equipped airplanes?

Cheers, Mike

Edited by GMSutton - 24 Apr 2012 at 1:00pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 1:14pm
Hi Mike,

No plans for the Cessna 210 family yet.    We agree that the 210 would make a great platform for the DFC90 autopilot but we have not announced any program to support the 210 at this time.  You are not alone in the 210 community in that we keep hearing from Cessna 210 owners who would love this autopilot.

We're trying to stay focused on the aircraft we have announced to date (SR2X, PA32, PA46, C-182, Barons, Bonanzas) and get those certs completed before moving on to other airframes.   This will take us the better part of 2012 to complete.

BTW, if we ever do announce 210 support for the DFC90, your configuration of the Aspen-430-STec 55X would make you a great candidate for immediate support.  In the platforms we are supporting, STOL kits are handled well by the DFC90.  For those that actually affect the POH values of things like stall speeds, we accommodate that in the software and features such as Envelope Protection - Underspeed are aware of the new definition of V-stall for that airplane.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
GMSutton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMSutton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 4:11pm
Many thanks for your quick response.   Would you please keep me informed as you develop additional STC approvals for the DFC90 autopilot?

I'm also a candidate to purchase the Avidyne IFD540 Touch-Screen GPS/NAV/COM.  But like the autopilot, this unit isn't certified for the Cessna 210 yet, or any airplane for that matter.  It's frustrating but I suspect the wait will be worth it!

Mike
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2012 at 6:05pm
Will do.

I trust you're plugged in to the early deposit program on the IFD540 that our Sales guys are offering?   It's about $7K off list right now and will keep creeping up as we get closer to cert.   As I'm sure you also know, the IFD540 will be an AML STC which means it's automatically certified for about 600 models of airplanes as of the first day it's certified and of course, the T210N is included in that list.

I understand and share your frustration.  We'd love for these all to be done and shipping now!
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic