Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Options

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Options
    Posted: 14 May 2021 at 8:29pm
I got a replacement 540 recently and notice there is a setting on the Options page of the Setup tab called "ADS-B Forwarding."  It can be set to either on or off.  Can someone tell me what it is for?  It is not on my 550.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 9:55pm
It's not in the Pilot's Guide yet, but it will be for 10.3, where the title has been changed to "ADS-B Over WiFi".  When that setting is "On", the IFD will forward data received from a wired ADS-B In source over the WiFi interface.  Most Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) applications will use this data to display weather and/or traffic.  Some EFBs can be configured to get ADS-B data over other interfaces (e.g. Bluetooth).  In those cases, this setting should be “Off”.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 10:25pm
Thank you.  I guess that explains why I wasn’t seeing traffic on FF or the IFD 100 until I turned this on. I don’t recall seeing this on the IFD I sent in for exchange but that one was on 10.2.4.1 also. Is it possible my unit didn’t have that or did I just miss seeing it all that tome?  :( Since my 550 has XM weather,  I guess that explains why that option isn’t there.
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 11:22pm
It was in 10.2.4.1 so maybe you just didn't notice it?  It only appears if you have the IFD configured for an ADS-B weather source.  
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic