Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD 540 Activate Approach Button Missing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewbward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD 540 Activate Approach Button Missing
    Posted: 16 May 2021 at 7:09pm
Hey guys,

First off I'm sorry I don't have more exact details but I'm hoping you can help me figure out what happened.

1) I loaded a flight plan that has multiple steps: KPUB PUB V389 FXF KBJC
2) In the course of the flight, I receive the "proceed direct destination" from Center
3) I get vectored around a bit, told to expect the ILS 30R
4) I load the approach, select Vectors, and the "Activate Approach" button isn't there
5) I scramble a little bit, come back to the Proc-ILS 30R-Vectors function
6) This time, the Activate Approach is there is all is well

I'm not sure of what I did wrong, but what is the condition I can get the IFD into such that the approach will allow you to select Vectors but not give an option to Activate it?  I'm guessing it's user error but I'm not sure what I did.

Thanks!

-Matt

teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 9:36pm
Is it possible you accidentally went back to the map page after you loaded the approach?  The "activate approach" would not be on the map page.  Even when expecting vectors, I normally load an IAF on the approach and then just activate the appropriate leg at the proper time.  In the case of the ILS 30 to KBJC I would have loaded NSPYR instead of vectors and then once I was on vectors I would select ALIKE and "activate leg."  I know this didn't fully answer your question but wonder if you may have swtiched to the map page after entering the approach.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic