Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > AMX240 Audio Panel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do pilots use the MON function

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do pilots use the MON function
    Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 9:13am
I have the AMX240 and I have dual IFD540s which have comm radios (obviously).  I use my #1 for air to ground frequencies (antenna on the bottom of the aircraft), and I use my #2 for ground to ground frequencies (antenna on the top of the aircraft).  I use the MON feature during the approach phase to monitor the UNICOM frequency so I understand the traffic.  Other than that, I might use it temporarily here and there.  I generally put 121.5 in my #2 standby frequency and use MON to monitor it, but lately it has so much garbage on it, I end up turning it off.

Hope this helps.
rpierz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpierz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2022 at 7:07am
I am going to upgrade to the AMX 240 when I receive/install Vantage upgrade.  I was wondering how pilots use the MON function.  I would expect that I would use it to monitor ATIS prior to switching to approach, and perhaps monitor guard.
1.  Any other tips on how to use this function?
2. Does MON automatically mute when a transmission is received on the primary frequency.  I know it is supposed to but some (older) forum posts said this didn’t work

Thanks
Rick Pierzchajlo
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic