Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD100 Mobile App
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD 100 Questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD 100 Questions
    Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 6:52pm
I’m a new IFD 440 user, just getting spooled up on the IFD 100 app. A couple of questions:

Is there a reason that there is no COM/NAV “transfer key” in the IFD100? If this function were available, I could completely control all aspects of navigation and communication from the iPad, never needing to touch the IFD in the panel, as every other function already seems to be included. This would be super handy in a tandem cockpit arrangement. 

It looks like it’s possible to do route planning in the IFD100 app while offline from the IFD, and then when in the cockpit, the routes will just synchronize. This seems like a great feature; is there some reason it’s not a good idea to use this way? I’m assuming the newer version of an existing route will always update the older version; is that correct?

rpostmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpostmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 9:30am
Melohn,
I can't answer the first question, but creating routes on the IFD100  is done the same way as 
on the panel mount 440.  Create the route, save it, then once your wifi is connected in the airplane,
just go to routes on the ipad IFD100, find the one you saved, and activate it.

More valuable to me than anything when I was learning the IFDs was to go through Mike Bauer's
book.  Use the wifi keyboard when doing it and you'll find the keyboard is no longer "gimmicky", but
quite useful and easy to use.  You'll love the IFD.

Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic