Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FLYQ AND IFD540

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flysrv10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FLYQ AND IFD540
    Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 7:05am
Has anyone had success uploading flight plans wifrom FlyQ? I sometimes a see up"UPLOAD TO AVYIDYNE" and once, a flight plan got downloaded to FlyQ without my asking.  Thanks.
Zeddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 1:32pm
Yes, I have successfully uploaded and downloaded a flight plan from my IFD540 with the latest version of FlyQ 6.1.1 (3), but I have not tried recently since that's the only feature that has been fixed since Avidyne introduced version 10.2. Unfortunately traffic and WX is still broken.  SA said they received the necessary info from Avidyne to fix traffic and WX back in Oct of last year...still no joy!
I have not experienced a flight plan being pushed from the Avidyne without requesting it.
Flysrv10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flysrv10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 3:39pm
I wonder what I am doing/not doing.  I get a system message (meaning an apple iOS window) that says transfer failed, or something like that.  Sometimes I have the option of "SEND TO AVIDYNE" and sometimes I do not.  I always have the option of sending to Aspen.  No issues with Wifi Connection to IFD.  Thanks.
Zeddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 4:10pm
I have noticed in the past that in some instances it took up to 10 min. for the option to send/retrieve flight plan to show up in the plans drop down once FlyQ was connected to the IFD540's WiFi. I haven't figured out why this happens.  I have seen the transfer failed in the past, but it was before SA fixed the flight plan transfer issue after Avidyne released 10.2.
Flysrv10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flysrv10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2023 at 5:06pm
Thanks.  I will test it next time and give it plenty of connection time.  SA has not been much help.
Zeddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2023 at 11:23am
During a flight yesterday I checked the send/retrieve flight plan feature in FlyQ with the IFD540 and the only option available was to send a flight plan.  I plan to investigate further next time I fly.
Zeddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2023 at 9:43pm
I flew yesterday with the latest beta 6.5.0 (53) version and I am happy to report the wifi link between the IFD540 and FlyQ has been fixed.  Upload and download of flight plans works. Traffic and WX are now displayed! There are a few glitches which I believe are related to the new features in this upcoming release, but I assume they with be resolved before the final version hits the street.  Thank you SA! 
Flysrv10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flysrv10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 6:49am
Thank you for the info.  Where can I get a copy of the Beta Version?  
nrproces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrproces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 7:12am
I also am a beta tester, it works on the new version.
Sauce
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Zeddy Zeddy wrote:

I flew yesterday with the latest beta 6.5.0 (53) version and I am happy to report the wifi link between the IFD540 and FlyQ has been fixed.  Upload and download of flight plans works. Traffic and WX are now displayed! There are a few glitches which I believe are related to the new features in this upcoming release, but I assume they with be resolved before the final version hits the street.  Thank you SA! 

I had the same results beta testing FlyQ 6.5.0 with my IFD540 running AviOS 10.2.6.1. Did you test it with AviOS 10.3.x.x?
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 11:28am
I wonder if it will allow FlyQ to receive ADS-B via WIFI, and also transfer flight plans to/from the IFD at the same time?

The way to do this would be to utilize the ADS-B source as the WIFI hub and connect both the iPad and the IFD to that WIFI network (in my case it would be my Stratux ADSB receiver).  

This has not worked in the past.  The FlyQ app CANNOT connect to two separate devices.  It sees the IFD and wants to get everything from the IFD (traffic and flight plan transfers), or it sees the Stratux, and disconnects from the IFD.  My understanding is that Foreflight handles this fine, but FlyQ doesn't.

Does this new version of FlyQ fix that??

I wanted traffic (& WX) on my iPad, and on my IFD, and I would also like to transfer flight plans.  I've given up on the flight plans, and to get traffic and wx on both the iPad and the IFD, I am using two separate, dedicated Stratux boxes (I had an extra Raspberry Pi) - one for FlyQ, and one for the IFD.  This setup works great, but I'd sure like to pull the flight plans from the IFD to the FlyQ app.
Zeddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 1:41pm
I have AviOS 10.3.0.2 currently installed, but will be updating to 10.3.1.2 in a couple of weeks.

There is an app for iPad call TestFlight which is where I obtain beta versions of FlyQ. It's been a while since I signed up to be a beta test so I don't recall if you can sign up via the app or if you have to contact SA support first.

I also fly with a Stratux (SA's Merlin) as a backup GPS/ADS-B IN and have been using it exclusively for traffic and WX on my iPad with FlyQ after the WiFi connection between the IFD540 and FlyQ broke. I have not attempted connecting to the IFD and Stratux simultaneously via WiFi, but I was under the impression that the iPad can only connect to one WiFi source at a time. Could it be that the second device that ForeFlight is connected to is Bluetooth such as a Garmin GTX345?  I have GTX345 installed, but as you know FlyQ does not play well with Garmin devices via Bluetooth but ForeFlight does.  I have to connect to the IFD for FP transfer then connect to the Stratux for traffic and WX.  With this beta version of the software, jumping through these hoops is no longer required.
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2023 at 3:07pm
I had heard that the iPad could only connect to one WIFI device at a time, but have later heard that that is not true.  I'm pretty sure that is not true.  It can connect to one NETWORK at a time, but should be able to connect to multiple devices.  I was told by somebody that it's the FlyQ app that could only connect to one WIFI device at a time because of how it was set up.  That is my current understanding, but could be wrong.

I've used TestFlight to beta test other software, but haven't ever done that for FlyQ.  I use FlyQ for IFR, so I'm not too motivated to beta test the app for them.  I'd hate to have some bug blank out my charts while I'm in the soup!  (yes, I always have a backup...)  
nrproces View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nrproces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 7:55am
I use RadarDX for my ADSB In, therefore I don't know if the multi input situation works on Stratus or any other system, sorry....
Sauce
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic