Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cold Temperature Conversion & Vectors to Final IFD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cold Temperature Conversion & Vectors to Final IFD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cold Temperature Conversion & Vectors to Final IFD
    Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 11:31am
Hello, 

I would like to know if IFD is capable to do a Cold Temperature Conversion for an approach like Garmin GTN does?  

Second, enabling Vectors to Final once your have load an approach or even you've already activated from IAF and ATC decided to vector you to final instead. I do not see any VTF option in the FMS at this point.  In this case I've to reload the approach again with VTF. Anyone else knows a better way? Thank you 

ricardo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricardo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 11:33am
if you’ve loaded the approach to a fix, there is no way to switch to VTF without reloading the approach AFAIK.
dmtidler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dmtidler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2023 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Shawn26 Shawn26 wrote:

Hello, 

I would like to know if IFD is capable to do a Cold Temperature Conversion for an approach like Garmin GTN does?  

Second, enabling Vectors to Final once your have load an approach or even you've already activated from IAF and ATC decided to vector you to final instead. I do not see any VTF option in the FMS at this point.  In this case I've to reload the approach again with VTF. Anyone else knows a better way? Thank you 

Rather than loading / activating the VTF version of the approach, simply perform an Activate Leg to the whatever waypoint along the approach makes sense based on your ATC vectors. Loading / activating the VTF version of the approach is essentially requesting an Activate Leg to the FAF.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic