Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

MK10 Wireless Keyboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fholbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MK10 Wireless Keyboard
    Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 11:29am

I purchased an IFD 440 slide in replacement last week, it didn’t come with the MK10 Wireless Keyboard. Correct me if I'm wrong, a MK10 should have come with the unit?

I did email techsupport@avidyne.com, 48 hours later I've heard nothing from them 

I registered the product Saturday. Does registering the product generate a keyboard being sent to me?

Frank Holbert
KCNO - Chino, California 

Frank
fholbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fholbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 12:09pm
I just found the email from support in my junk mail box, sent yesterday AM. They are asking for an address to ship the keyboard.
Frank
fholbert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fholbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 1:44pm
Great service from Avidyne support! 

Just 26 minutes after sending my address, I had a FedEx tracking number for my keyboard. 
Frank
keithrkoenig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keithrkoenig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2023 at 7:16pm
Welcome Frank! I use to love watching your Youtube videos in the Bellanca. I finally am able to keep up with 160knots. The IFD is awesome.
tmbm50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmbm50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 9:29am
Adding my thanks as well.

A while back I asked about a keyboard and Avidyne didn't have any in stock nor did any vendors outside of Ebay with its crazy pricing.  I guess there was an issue with a production run. 

Sent them an email on Sunday, got a response at 8am and tracking number at 9am.  Shout out to Avidyne for great customer service.

I still have a small list of feature request for my IFD550, but worrying about customer support is not one of them!

sccutler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sccutler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 3:16pm
Is the Mk 10 Keyboard different in any material way from the Bluetooth keyboard I got a couple of years ago, and am using now with my 440?

Should I want one?
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2023 at 9:59pm
If you have one that works, you should stick with that one.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2023 at 12:08am
Originally posted by AviSteve AviSteve wrote:

If you have one that works, you should stick with that one.
My original keyboard quit working correctly years ago (it would sort-of work, but wasn't practical for use--it would respond to keypresses at the rate or about 1 every 3-5 seconds, so even entering short strings took way longer than using the touchscreen).

Is the new keyboard expected to be more reliable / have a longer lifespan than the original?  It's bad enough paying ~$200 for something that looks like it's worth about $30.  It would be even worse if it behaves like a $30 part and stops working in ~1 year like the first keyboard did.

Edited by MysticCobra - 13 Sep 2023 at 12:09am
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2023 at 10:45am
I'm not aware of widespread reports of unreliable bluetooth keyboards.  Sounds like your specific experience is out of the norm, so hope you took it up with tech support or sales.

The new keyboards are Bluetooth LE.  The protocol is different and the original IFDs didn't support it.  The next release, 10.3.2.2, will support the LE keyboards.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic