Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wishlist for the next IFD software release

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 2:16am
MLXsupport
MLX support
MLX support
And oh yes
MLX support

Triggerable checklists would be great as well!!
MikeK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 4:19pm
Well, as long as we're nominating cool features, how about triggerable *audio* checklists?  I've had the (extremely nice) experience of flying the jump seat of a Citation X, and was really impressed by how nice the audio checklist is in terms of efficiently running the checklist.

The Heads Up unit in the Citation has the audio items recorded into it by Heads Up, it costs to change the checklists, etc.  For a unit like the IFD series, I would think a user could record their own checklist audio.

Anyway, probably a pipe dream, but can't hurt to mention it. :)
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 5:02pm
That's a good idea.

I have also thought about audio emergency check lists, obviously brief, e.g. engine out - change fuel selector, mixture rich, boost pump on, check mags, alternate air - as one example.
David Gates
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 10:48am
I'm in the group wishing for transfer of flight plans to the 540.

I agree that the 540 is IFR-centric, and FPL entry so much easier than with the Garmin that the feature is not really necessary for that.

However, I also fly VFR and I'm not holding my breath waiting for Avidyne to add the hundreds of VRP (VFR Reporting Points) that are associated with VFR approach/departure to/from airports here in Europe, especially since Jepp is involved. I've spent many many many hours just entering these into the Garmin as user WPT in preparation for trips... and need to be careful that they haven't changed since last entered. I have VFR flight planning software (PocketFMS) that includes all these VRP in the db and on the map (and most others do too). It would be really useful if I could transfer flight plans created with this software to the 540.
Vince
Awful Charlie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Awful Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 12:07pm
Another one for the list

A parallel track function, with user offsets in tenths (or even hundredths) of an NM - for those routes outside controlled airspace where I don't want to be exactly on the same track as anyone else going between two points

Another vote for remote transponder control, VFR VRPs, and the ToC/BoD projections, as well as user preferences, charts and flight plan import

Ben

Edited by Awful Charlie - 07 Oct 2014 at 12:12pm
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 12:22pm
The IFD has a parallel track function in tenths of a NM in the initial release.  I used it over the summer traveling to the Outer Banks where I wanted to be over land, not water.  Works great.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 1:37pm
1) The Boeing Banana, which will soon be known as the Avidyne Plantain!! (distance to climb/descent restriction, drawn on the screen)

2) A FIX menu function -- custom pilot specified radials and circles, shown on the display, around pilot specified waypoints, 

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 07 Oct 2014 at 1:39pm
jhbehrens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhbehrens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 2:53pm
Ability to add departures to airports in the flight plan other than the airport of origin

WX500 strike test

Application for editing checklists on a PC (and Mac!)
FORANE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FORANE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 4:41pm
As a purely pie in the sky addition to the wish list, how about this:
An emergency mode easily activated which:
-immediately places frequency on 121.5 perhaps in standby
-provides list of closest airports with arrows showing relative directions and allows for one tap flight plan to selected airport
-once airport is selected provides name, frequency, bearing and distance without further button pushing 
-turns on terrain
-draws an arc in front of the flight path based on current altitude, rate of descent, forward speed and surrounding terrain elevation where the arc represents the point of ground impact.
Lancair 235/320
RV-9A
glassanza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glassanza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 8:10pm
Would be an incredible feature. I recently experienced a 7k AGL in flight fuel issue that resulted in making an engine out landing; all items listed would have simplified the chaos getting the plane (and myself) safely on the ground. This feature would be a extremely helpful and a great safety marketing tool. 
GDC25
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by FORANE FORANE wrote:

As a purely pie in the sky addition to the wish list, how about this:
An emergency mode easily activated which:
-immediately places frequency on 121.5 perhaps in standby
-provides list of closest airports with arrows showing relative directions and allows for one tap flight plan to selected airport
-once airport is selected provides name, frequency, bearing and distance without further button pushing 
-turns on terrain
-draws an arc in front of the flight path based on current altitude, rate of descent, forward speed and surrounding terrain elevation where the arc represents the point of ground impact.

Too many features can be as vexing a problem as too few, but I think in what you outlined, it takes a basketful of features and makes them one.

Good suggestion.
David Gates
AzAv8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzAv8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 10:59pm
An all-in-one "Oh my gosh I gotta do something" button is a fine idea.  Allows one to focus on the aviate and navigate part of being PIC in emergency circumstances.

Let me add a candidate sub-feature to the basket:
Where a compatible transponder is installed, such as my soon-to-be shiny new AXP340, an option is provided to activate code 7700 in the transponder.  A separate button-push to actually activate it, mind you, so one could practice without irritating ATC.
Heck, maybe even a button to activate a compatible ELT.  Or maybe the same button: "Activate Emergency Transmissions?", which would trigger configured transponder/UAT-out squawks and the ELT.
edanford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edanford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2014 at 10:06am
I wish the next way point information block had a Bearing (Brg)  to  rather than Desired track(Dtr) information.

The destination has Brg option,  why not next way point?

I would like the option to select Brg as single line also
Ed
PA20Pacer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA20Pacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 9:16am
I would like to suggest that the update rate of the distance information for waypoints viewed using the Nearest feature be increased.

I will provide some background behind this request, as there may be a better way of accomplishing my goal. We were navigating on a victor airway that was in the IFD540 flight plan. Ahead of us in the flight plan were several intersections, followed by the next VOR. Due to a radar outage, we were asked to report x miles from that VOR, but the VOR was neither the next waypoint (due to all of the intervening intersections) nor the destination, so the distance to it did not display in one of the datablocks. I tried the Nearest VOR function, which brought up a nice list of VORs, but the distance did not seem to be updating. At that point, I dialed up the desired VOR as a second waypoint in our old Trimble GPS, which has the ability to display information from a second selected waypoint in addition to the next waypoint in the flight plan, but it would be nice to be able to accomplish this task with the 540 only. 

I tried replicating this scenario in the iPad simulator, and the distances for VORs displayed using the Nearest function seemed to be updated about every 20 seconds, which is a little slow for giving a precise position report. I suggest that the update rate be increased, or perhaps someone can enlighten me about an alternative way to easily display distance information for a waypoint that is not the destination or the next waypoint in the flight plan.

Regards,

Bob Siegfried, II
Bob Siegfried, II
Brookeridge Airpark (LL22)
Downers Grove, IL
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2014 at 9:22am
Bob, 

You can configure a datablock to display the VOR, Distace, Radial to the tuned and identified VOR in the NAV radio.  That would have given you the information you requested, updated real time.  Another way is to use the range rings on the MFD to estimate distance which should be accurate enough for ATC position reporting (remember time/speed/distance calcuations?).  A third way, although not an IFD, could be a two finger tap in Foreflight to measure the distance from your position to the VOR on the sectional.
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 11:45pm
I listed some feature requests in the "FMS/FPL page click reposition - feature question" post because I was continuing from a previous conversation.

In addition to push/twist capability and north up 240 arc view, it would be nice to be able to "direct to" a map pop-up box.  More specifically, I'd like to be able to pan the map around and select airports getting the pop-up boxes, then be able to hit the direct to button from there and have it populate the direct to menu with the pop-up box location.  I understand I can rubberband to an airport, but I may be looking at the weather at multiple airports before I find the one I like.  I'd like to be able to hit direct to instead of going back to add it to the flight plan or rubberbanding the route.  This would also allow me to divert for weather or airspace easier.  I could press a point I want to fly to and hit direct to, which would also avoid the issue of modifying the active leg.
PA20Pacer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PA20Pacer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Gring Gring wrote:

Bob, 

You can configure a datablock to display the VOR, Distace, Radial to the tuned and identified VOR in the NAV radio.  That would have given you the information you requested, updated real time.  Another way is to use the range rings on the MFD to estimate distance which should be accurate enough for ATC position reporting (remember time/speed/distance calcuations?).  A third way, although not an IFD, could be a two finger tap in Foreflight to measure the distance from your position to the VOR on the sectional.

Hi Geoffrey-

Thanks for the reminder about the VOR datablock. That is obviously the best solution for the situation I described, as long as the VOR is transmitting. I have found the feature in the Trimble to display information for an arbitrarily selected waypoint (outside of the flight plan) very useful at times, and it would be nice if the more advanced sets had a similar capability. However, I can see why such a capability may not blend well with the FMS architecture of the newer units.

I have been very impressed flying the IFD540 in my Dad's plane. I find it much easier to use than either of the simulators. It is amazing how well those lower right knobs work for entering data. 

Regards,

Bob

Bob Siegfried, II
Brookeridge Airpark (LL22)
Downers Grove, IL
94S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 9:18am
Originally posted by brou0040 brou0040 wrote:

I listed some feature requests in the "FMS/FPL page click reposition - feature question" post because I was continuing from a previous conversation.

In addition to push/twist capability and north up 240 arc view, it would be nice to be able to "direct to" a map pop-up box.  More specifically, I'd like to be able to pan the map around and select airports getting the pop-up boxes, then be able to hit the direct to button from there and have it populate the direct to menu with the pop-up box location.  I understand I can rubberband to an airport, but I may be looking at the weather at multiple airports before I find the one I like.  I'd like to be able to hit direct to instead of going back to add it to the flight plan or rubberbanding the route.  This would also allow me to divert for weather or airspace easier.  I could press a point I want to fly to and hit direct to, which would also avoid the issue of modifying the active leg.

I also think the Direct-To a popup location on the map would be very useful.  It's one thing I've noticed seems to be missing.  Once a point has been selected to go direct-to, it would then be nice to have a choice between inserting it in the current flight plan for the case of diverting around weather, or deleting the remainder of the flight plan and replacing it with the direct-to for the case of diverting to an airport for a precautionary/emergency landing.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 9:24am
Agreed.  The Direct-To to a map pop up box feature is in the database as a candidate for potential future inclusion.  Personally, I really like this one.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Agreed.  The Direct-To to a map pop up box feature is in the database as a candidate for potential future inclusion.  Personally, I really like this one.

Could you also add an ability to go to the FULL info page on a pop-up item?

Also, you could get it from the info page, but being able to quick-load the NAV freq for a VOR from a pop-up page would be nice.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 17 Nov 2014 at 10:11pm
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 10:17pm
Also, is this working as designed?

... with the METAR broken off screen?

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 17 Nov 2014 at 10:17pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 7:18am
Sort of.  You can pan the map on the 540 with your finger to see the entire box.   We've deferred the (enormous) effort to always resize the METAR box size for the available real estate since it's so easily pannable.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 11:10am
Well, even reducing the font size, or to a narrow font would help a lot.

Intelligently formating it would be a bit of work, but even just a line-break for space substitution after so many characters would help.

In any case, there are far more important things to work on, but please leave it on the list.

* Orest

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 11:14am
Yes, it's an existing entry in our issues database.  By definition, we must review every deferred item in the list as part of each release, no matter how small or large the release or feature.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 10:14pm
In using the crossing altitude restriction feature BEFORE a waypoint, I notice the IFD places the restriction visually AT the waypoint.  ie, When I get a restriction to cross 20 miles before ANGEE at 4K, the IFD places the 4K restriction on the map visually AT ANGEE.  THE TOD feature does work correctly but it is visually misleading to see the restriction 20 miles past where it has to happen.  Would it be possible in a future release to have the restriction placed where it actually is?
JBAvidyne View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBAvidyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2014 at 11:45am
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

In using the crossing altitude restriction feature BEFORE a waypoint, I notice the IFD places the restriction visually AT the waypoint.  ie, When I get a restriction to cross 20 miles before ANGEE at 4K, the IFD places the 4K restriction on the map visually AT ANGEE.  THE TOD feature does work correctly but it is visually misleading to see the restriction 20 miles past where it has to happen.  Would it be possible in a future release to have the restriction placed where it actually is?

Avidyne has identified this already and we have the change coming in R10.1.

Jared Butson (jbutson@avidyne.com)
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2014 at 11:57am
Awesome.  Thanks much.
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2015 at 5:50pm
Now that I've been sort of able to use my 540 (it needs to be RMA'd), there are  two things I was finding myself trying to do.  Either I couldn't figure out how to do it, or I'd like to request them as feature.

I'd like to be able to create a waypoint from the map not rubber banding and not the present position.  I think ideal way to do this would be to touch the screen and have an option to be able to create a waypoint at that location.  There are a lot of waypoints I'd like to create for mountain passes or weaving through restricted airspace where I'd like to create permanent waypoints, but I don't really know a rad/bearing or lat/long.

Also, it would be nice to NOT HAVE fuel on each waypoint datablock.  I'd like to know my fuel remaining at my destination long my route, but I don't need to know it at the current waypoint or the next waypoint.  That seems to be more fuel information than I need and it takes up screen space.  That may not be a big issue with the upcoming ability to scroll datablocks, but I think it would be nice to free up those lines to have more datablocks on the screen at once.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 5:49pm

I'd like to be able to create a waypoint from the map not rubber banding and not the present position.  I think ideal way to do this would be to touch the screen and have an option to be able to create a waypoint at that location.  There are a lot of waypoints I'd like to create for mountain passes or weaving through restricted airspace where I'd like to create permanent waypoints, but I don't really know a rad/bearing or lat/long.

Yup, that's already in the candidate database.

Also, it would be nice to NOT HAVE fuel on each waypoint datablock.  I'd like to know my fuel remaining at my destination long my route, but I don't need to know it at the current waypoint or the next waypoint.  That seems to be more fuel information than I need and it takes up screen space.  That may not be a big issue with the upcoming ability to scroll datablocks, but I think it would be nice to free up those lines to have more datablocks on the screen at once.

Okay, that's a new one to me but I've just entered it in the database.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 10:35pm
1: When any of the times are less than 1 minute, switch to a second countdown.  No sense in seeing 0:00 when you could see 48s.  I said 48s so you don't confuse it with 48 minutes although the countdown should make it obvious.

2: When searching for an airport, allow to search by the identifier.  I'd rather dial in IYK instead of INYOKERN although I realize it does find it if I type INYO, but it seems like there could be other better examples.  I bet there are a lot of Madison's, but only one MSN.

Edited by brou0040 - 11 Apr 2015 at 12:16pm
TogaDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TogaDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 11:26am
+1 one on going from H:MM to M:SS on the data blocks, but I'd do it when less than 10 minutes (e.g. 9:59).  If you go to the FMS page when expanded, you'll note that they actually do this for time remaining to next waypoint in that context.

I really miss this on the main page.  Putting it in the data blocks would solve this.

brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 11:37am
Originally posted by TogaDriver TogaDriver wrote:

+1 one on going from H:MM to M:SS on the data blocks, but I'd do it when less than 10 minutes (e.g. 9:59).  If you go to the FMS page when expanded, you'll note that they actually do this for time remaining to next waypoint in that context.

I like your suggesting of switching at 9:59, that gives more time with seconds resolved.  I seem to miss the few second countdown timers and having a seconds counter would be much easier to anticipate.

Edited by brou0040 - 11 Apr 2015 at 11:37am
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 12:12pm
Agreed.  I thought we did that.  Pretty sure we do it on the other products we have. 

Just entered it into the future feature database.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
SB Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 10:12am
One more vote for the ability to enter flight plans from an iPad or Android automatically into the 540 via Wi Fi or Bluetooth.

While it's no big deal for short flights longer flights (e.g., west coast to Chicago for example) will take some doing with all the airspace, mountains, etc. that need to be avoided.

Plus I've been given extensive reroutes right after take-off essentially redoing my entire filed (and cleared) flight plan.

I find the iPad a superior tool for flight planning (hard to beat a large screen in your hands).
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 10:36am
+1 and same for user waypoints.
Vince
TogaDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TogaDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 10:43am
+1 on the WX500 strike test.  I didn't know that was even missing.  

Also, a dedicated screen for traffic and strikes would still be nice but I want to try removing all the LAND and clutter from the Map view to see how close that comes to giving me a similar view.  It's probably good enough for now.  

oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 10:52am
Originally posted by TogaDriver TogaDriver wrote:

+1 on the WX500 strike test.  I didn't know that was even missing.  

Discovered this was missing the other day, you need to add it.

* Orest

chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 11:29am
Here are a couple more features for the wish list:
1) Allow map zoom down to 500' as in Garmin 430. This allows us poor folks without the money for Jepp charts to at least see a/c pos relative to the runways.

2) Include Europe FIS (Flight Information Service) freq under the FSS freq section (although I would tend to consider this a bug rather than a new feature). For example there are 2 FIS in the Swiss (LSAS) FIR: Zurich Info 124.7, Geneva Info 126.35), and many for France: Bale Info 121.25, 135.85, Lyon Info 135.52, 135.20, Seine Info 120.32, 134.30, 118.05, 134.87 all depending on location and altitude, etc, etc.

3) This might be a config issue that I don't know how to fix... but I'm getting CAS warnings (cyan) that are irrelevant for my altitude and tendency (level). As a minimum, CAS warnings should not be issued during level flight when they do not come into play (e.g. level at 4'500 should not give a CAS warning for airspace >6'500).

Vince
SB Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SB Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2015 at 1:00pm

I'd also like to be able to make the COM sidetone louder.

This is normally adjustable on a COM radio.

Regards, Jim

Royski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 6:42pm
I'd like it to be easier (a) to go direct-to an intermediate waypoint with unit staying in map mode OR (b) center the CDI.  Right now this requires four or five user actions to accomplish, assuming you want remain in map mode going to the same waypoint.

I use often Direct to re-center the CDI after a deviation while VFR when my exact course doesn't matter, to avoid a pointless excursion back to the old course. Using the direct button requires the expected button presses but further (1) undesirably sequences the FMS to the next waypoint (so that the default direct-to waypoint is no longer the current waypoint but the one after) and  (2) undesirably leaves it in FMS/map mode instead of the map mode.  I'd rather these didn't happen.

Edited by Royski - 05 May 2015 at 2:13pm
Leonard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 6:58pm
+1 Royski

Edited by Leonard - 04 May 2015 at 7:00pm
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 7:09pm
I agree 100% Direct to should not return to the FMS+ page.  Lots of extra button pushes and doesn't add any value that I can see.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 5:29pm
We agree too.  So far, we have proven to be lacking enough intelligence to come up with a solution.   For reasons I won't explain here, it's way complicated.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
cavu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cavu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 5:57pm
The VNAV feature relies on the default descent rate in the AUX section.  Would be nice to be able to change that descent rate from the VNAV input on the FMS screen.
Royski View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 10:16am
Regarding VNAV, it would be nice to be able to not only easily adjust the decent rate as others have suggested, but also to include a datablock showing estimated time to TOD and then advised altitude at the current time.  As I've mentioned here before, it's one feature I miss from my KLN-94 GPS.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Royski Royski wrote:

... but also to include a datablock showing estimated time to TOD and then advised altitude at the current time.  As I've mentioned here before, it's one feature I miss from my KLN-94 GPS.

More than that, what you really want is to have a TOD "point" as a data block but right in the flight plan strip logically placed where it occurs! This is a common FMS feature.

Of course the item would not be editable (or perhaps the planned VSR could be set here), but would list all the other factors, time, distance etc. I requested that some time ago, don't know if it was ever logged as a request.

http://forums.avidyne.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=481&PID=6921&#6921

*Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 06 May 2015 at 10:26am
ptlevine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 10:56am
VSR with a little reminder of what it is referencing:
I have VSR as data block on the top of my maps screen. It would be nice to have the VSR show with the identifier it is referencing. When you have a lot of crossing restrictions, it is nice to know exactly what this is keying off such as: 
VSR (WHITE): -1,200
VSR (KHPN): -800

Leonard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leonard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by ptlevine ptlevine wrote:

VSR with a little reminder of what it is referencing:
I have VSR as data block on the top of my maps screen. It would be nice to have the VSR show with the identifier it is referencing. When you have a lot of crossing restrictions, it is nice to know exactly what this is keying off such as: 
VSR (WHITE): -1,200
VSR (KHPN): -800

+1
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 10:04pm
That is an excellent idea.

* Orest

wookie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 11:56am
Through all the bizz mumble, don't forget the dedicated traffic page!   Doesn't matter where you are if you run into someone.   BH
BH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic