Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD540 & IFD440 in a TBM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david3rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFD540 & IFD440 in a TBM
    Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 9:11pm

Is it possible that the "NEW" IFD540 could be installed and changed out for two Garmin 530s in a TBM 700C2 ? What is required to if needed to redo the WAAS antennas?

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 8:55am
The short answer is yes.

I might want a little clarification on your exact scenario (you can email me at sjacobson@avidyne.com or call 781 402 7474) to make sure I'm not missing a subtle point you're asking.

However, our CEO has a TBM700 and he's absolutely swapping both 530s for two 540s.

As for the WAAS antenna question, I think the best place to start is to download and read section 3 of the IFD540 Install Manual.  We talk about approved antenna sets and some installation considerations.   I'm not suggesting you should stay non-WAAS capable but one point to make is that the system will work with non-WAAS antennas, especially in the plug & play scenario.  In that case, the IFD540 works the same as a WAAS one, except that the FMS will not provide any WAAS approaches for you to choose from.

The installation manual can be downloaded at:  http://www.avidyne.com/support/downloads/ifd-series.asp
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic