Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD440 Certification

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 8:57am
(IFD440 Certification Status Update - 25 Feb 2015)

Still on track for certification in time to have installations completed prior to Sun-n-Fun.

I have another active thread on the forum that talks about Release 10.1.0.0 status.  That version of software runs on both the IFD540 and the IFD440.  For the 540, it's a major update to the system and for the 440, it's the initial release.

The entire development  team is focused on getting the joint upgrade/cert effort completed in time.  When the right folks on that team come up for air, they will jump on the downloadable windows sim and the Ipad app updates.    I definitely understand why folks are interested in getting their hands on the 440 sim now but it looks like we're another month or so away from having it available.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
mfb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 11:13am

Thanks

How are the Boston blizzards affecting your operation? Can your employees get to work?

Mike

dnally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 11:31am
My point goes to the same issue I continue to see with your firm. Dec 2014, late-Feb, early March 15, now Sun-N-Fun or late April. Just keeping track i.e. non performance of keeping promises. Yes, I am an irritated customer that is acting out thus my posts. If this helps anyone else understand who they are dealing with, great.
mfb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 12:02pm

Did you ever see the movie where Charleton Heston plays Michaelangelo painting the Sistine Chapel? Here's part of the dialog:

Pope Julius II (the customer, yelling to Michaelangelo high on a scaffold):  "When will you make an end???"

Michaelangelo (the developer, yelling back): "When I'm finished!!!"

I have no relationship with Avidyne except for purchasing an IFD540 from them, but I suspect that hardware development, software development, and dealing with the FAA are all probably more complex, more exacting, and less predictable than painting the Sistine Chapel. I hope that the result will be as good.

Edited by mfb - 25 Feb 2015 at 2:24pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by mfb mfb wrote:

Thanks

How are the Boston blizzards affecting your operation? Can your employees get to work?

Mike

No meaningful adverse affects.  Just a little white fluffy stuff.   Greatly overblown in my opinion.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
jerryrauch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerryrauch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 1:42pm
dnally, I can understand your frustration.  I placed my order for two units 3/29/13. 
Mind you, I'm not as frustrated with the delays Avidyne is experiencing as much as the lack of any meaningful effort to keep us informed.  If it wasn't for Jakes posts, we wouldn't have any idea what is going on.   You would think that anyone that has bought the units would get an email ( say every couple weeks) with an update on what is going on and how it is impacting the shipping dates.  To be forced to call the sales department for answers is not the way to keep customers happy. I believe this is a really great product, and our resulting excitement to use, them seems to be compounding our frustration.  
JR
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 9:46am
(IFD440 Certification Status Update - 7 Mar 2015)

Trucking along nicely.    Still expecting to be certified and shipping prior to Sun-n-Fun.

We've started and completed for large sections software test-for-credit on the system already which is ahead of internal projections.

If testing goes well this weekend in the environmental chamber, we should be all done with hardware qual testing by Monday which is about a week behind projection but won't have any impact on final cert date.

Trying to bring the FAA test pilots in for an evaluation bench and flight session in the next week or so - they have determined they want to retain cert approval for some elements of the system instead of fully delegating.  May not be a big deal presuming their schedule availability has plenty of holes.

Expect to have the draft IFD440 Pilot Guide available for review and commenting on this coming week.   

Edited by AviJake - 07 Mar 2015 at 9:46am
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerryrauch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2015 at 10:33am
Thanks for the update, I really appreciate it, please keep them coming.
JR
dnally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 1:15pm
2. Yrs. 8 months
bellanca1730a View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellanca1730a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 8:44am
I read an article several years ago about a woman whose car stalled at a busy intersection and a guy behind her who laid on his horn for several minutes uninterrupted. She finally got out of her car, walked back to him and said, "If you can get my car started, I'll stay here and keep honking your horn."

Not sure what made me think of that.
Sean Andrews
Bellanca Super Viking
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 9:01pm
:)
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 6:16pm
(IFD440 Certification Status Update - 14 Mar 2015)

Reference the 7 March update, environmental testing is complete.

FAA pilots scheduled in for bench evaluation and flight test on 20 March.

IFD440 Draft Pilot should be posted later tonight or on Sunday. 
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 8:16pm
IFD440 Pilot Guide is now posted at:  http://www.avidyne.com/support/downloads/ifd-series.asp

Edited by AviJake - 14 Mar 2015 at 9:41pm
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
BobsV35B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsV35B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 8:23pm
Old Bob, Ancient Aviator
BobsV35B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsV35B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 8:26pm

Evening Steve,

Hmmm.

Should that be "is now posted"?

I tried the address given it comes up with the proposed 440 pilot guide. <G>

Happy Skies,

Old Bob

Old Bob, Ancient Aviator
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 9:41pm
Yup, must have been the scotch typing.  Just fixed the typo.  Thanks.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
1964-m20e View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1964-m20e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 2:48pm
Yes the light at the end of the tunnel I just hope it's not the landing lights from a 777.

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2015 at 11:24am
(IFD440 Certification Status Update - 21 Mar 2015)

FAA pilots came in for a bench evaluation of the IFD440 and Release 10.1.0.0 and then we went out a flew a 1.3 hour evaluation sortie.

I'm pleased to report that the bench eval and flight couldn't have gone better.   

They think they might want to fly one more flight in an IFD440-only configuration and then they would delegate the rest to us.  They hope to make that decision next week.   If they elected to do that, that would help reduce any schedule risk that we have left in the cert program.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
dnally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 11:42am
Bellanca1730: I am sure you knew what made you think of this story. Cute. I am not leaning on the horn-I am keeping track. When companies make commitments to customers and do not meet those commitments they should expect and ultimately accept the angst they have generated. That is the reality of today's market place.
mfb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 9:13pm
I was not involved with the IFD540 or 440 presale program, so I have no idea what "commitments" we're made. I do know, however , that there are risks involved whenever one gets involved with an R&D project. The history of high tech is full of products that didn't go as planned and caused problems for their early adopters. This is especially true when approvals from government agencies are involved. Boeing, you may recall, was years late on the 787 project and had more problems after the first aircraft were delivered. But they ultimately got things straightened out and the market doesn't seem to have punished them.

If the IFD440 is a good product and is supported well, as there is every indication it will be, it will be accepted by the market. A year from now all this FAA-induced angst will be forgotten. The number of new customers will, hopefully, vastly outnumber the early adopters. Everything will depend on what commitments are made to the new folks, and how they are kept.

Mike
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 9:17pm
Well said. Let's check in next year and see how it turned out.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Joe Jet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Jet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 10:04pm
I missed out on the pre cert buy for the 440. if anyone has a slot they would like to transfer let me know.
1964-m20e View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1964-m20e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

(IFD440 Certification Update - 5 Feb 2015)

Some interesting challenges encountered since the 25 Jan update on the display of ADS-B traffic but we're back on track and everything is still expected to be complete in March with TSO/STC issued 2-4 weeks after that.    This also means we should have a large number installed and flying in customer aircraft prior to Sun-n-Fun.

Jake

How are things progressing on the 440 certification?

Hopefully y'all are boxing up the units and getting ready to ship them out. :)
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 7:48pm
(IFD440 Certification Update - 30 Mar 2015)

Reference my 21 March post above, we are still waiting to hear from the FAA on their delegation decision.  The FAA players who are making that call were away on other project travel most of last week but we're hoping to chat tomorrow.

Hardware testing and qual is complete and all associated paperwork was delivered to the FAA a week or two ago (time blurs when having this much fun).

Software test-for-credit is nearing completion - we expect to be 100% done with that in about a week.   If  that's true, we'd have all TSO paperwork submitted a few days after that.

On the STC side, depending on the delegation decision, we could be in TIA next week which is terrific.  Presuming concurrent TIA is delegated to us, that would be done in a matter of a few days which would be very schedule advantageous to us.

Our biggest SNAFU in the last two weeks was a resurrection of the ADS-B traffic symbology issue.  It remains a source of great debate and unless the FAA accepts our implementation, we may pull it out of Rel 10.1.0.0 to keep the schedule on the rails ("it" being support of MLB100 traffic - MLB100 weather would remain in this release).   If that happens, we'll immediately follow up 10.1.0.0 with a release that contains approved ASD-B traffic symbology.  We'll see how this pans out in the next few days.

Meanwhile, the factory is sitting on gobs of parts for 440s and is actively assembling a ton of them now.

As a side note for both IFD540 and IFD440 customers, as soon as you register your unit, that triggers a hard copy Pilot Guide to ship to your address.  While I highly encourage folks to register their units, if an existing IFD540 customer has not done so yet, maybe you should wait until Release 10.1.0.0 is loaded in your unit(s) since that was a re-write of the Pilot Guide and those things are really expensive to print (~ $170 a copy).
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 7:55pm
Is there a way for the Pre-10.1 owners to get an updated Pilot Guide?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 7:59pm
How big is your checkbook? 

Okay that was a lame attempt at humor as an attempt to disguise the fact that I forgot what our process is going to be for that.  I'll check on Tues and post an update.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
FORANE View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FORANE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 7:59pm

As a side note for both IFD540 and IFD440 customers, as soon as you register your unit, that triggers a hard copy Pilot Guide to ship to your address.  While I highly encourage folks to register their units, if an existing IFD540 customer has not done so yet, maybe you should wait until Release 10.1.0.0 is loaded in your unit(s) since that was a re-write of the Pilot Guide and those things are really expensive to print (~ $170 a copy).

Great news on the IFD 440 cert.

As far as the printing of the pilot guide goes, why not offer to save the company some printing costs, save the planet whatever, and just deliver the pilot guide by download available on your site?  Many of us just toss the guide in the box and go on.  Most of us have a modern touchscreen device that works great as a reader.  Is there some sort of certification thing that mandates a paper pilot guide?
Lancair 235/320
RV-9A
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 8:11pm
I believe the Pilot's Guide extends the AFM for the plane, so it is required on board.

* Orest

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2015 at 8:14pm
Definitely true but a lot of people printed their own copies or are using electronic copies (e.g. pdf loaded on ipad).  We have not made any attempt at interpretation or policing of the form of media the PG takes.

Edited by AviJake - 30 Mar 2015 at 8:15pm
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
zman520 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zman520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 10:26am
So, you send the printed copy by mail AFTER I register my unit, but believe that the User's Manual is part of the POH and required to be in the plane.

How do I legally fly the plane home from the installation?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 10:32am
We supply the Pilot Guide in digital form on the data CD that comes with the unit. You or the installer can print that out if desired or keep in electronic form on a mobile device.   If/when you register, we supply the hard copy book.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Old Bob Siegfried View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Bob Siegfried Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 10:33am
This is from a computer Luddite, but I would just down load the copy available on the web. Carry it in the airplane until you get the classy, shiny, expensive, and secure printed copy.

Happy Skies,

Old Bob
Old Bob
pburger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 11:44am
Originally posted by zman520 zman520 wrote:

So, you send the printed copy by mail AFTER I register my unit, but believe that the User's Manual is part of the POH and required to be in the plane.

How do I legally fly the plane home from the installation?

As I understand it:

There is a flight manual supplement which is a little photocopied book with some very basic items.  I have mine slipped into my flight manual binder.  

The fancy-smancy User's manual is NOT part of the POH for the airplane.

I could be wrong - it happened once:  I thought I had made a mistake, but realized later that I was right in the first place.
zman520 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zman520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 1:56pm
Jake,

Just confirming since I bought two IFD 440's I'll get two Pilot's Guides when I register them.

I'm thru chapter 2 of the Draft Guide.  I'm really stoked to get them in my panel now.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2015 at 3:15pm
I believe it is just one Pilot Guide per customer.  I bought 2 and received one which makes sense to me.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 7:08am
Reference two open questions on Pilot Guides:

1.  If I already have a PG, can I get a new one with Release 10.1.0.0?  Yes.   I think the best way to trigger that mailing of a new PG is to fill in, and submit the record of Rel 10.1.0.0 installation sheet that is the last page of the Service Bulletin that comes with the software release.   That would be an excellent check & balance.

2.  If I bought two IFDs, am I entitled to one or two PGs?   The correct answer is that you are entitled to two - one book per IFD.  I don't know what happened to folks like teeth6 who only got one.    I agree that at first blush, it makes sense to send one book per aircraft but since we can't really know where or how you are using the boxes (you may elect to not fill in all data in the online registration form), you are entitled to one book per IFD.   All of this got me thinking about cleaning up the registration form a little to basically have a section to indicate how many PG hard copies you want - one per IFD or one per airplane.   For those who have bought and registered more than one IFD and only got one PG and want more, let's clean that up on a case-by-case basis as soon as the Release 10.1.0.0 software and PGs are available.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 7:35am
Thanks for clarifying that Jake.  Sounds like a great plan.
ronl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 12:17pm

(IFD440 Certification Update - 25 Jan 2015)

We expect to have many IFD440s installed and flying in folks airplanes prior to Sun-n-Fun. 

Well, Sun-n-Fun is less than 2 weeks away. How likely is this prediction to be true?

Ron L
Ron L
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 12:30pm
We don't know.  

We're done but just yesterday, we got this notice from the FAA out of the blue.

There is a new policy letter in effect at the FAA (AIR-100-ALL-005.pdf) which you can access at FAA website (rgl.faa.gov)  and this is the first project that is being affected by it.

We're trying to sort out with the FAA if they plan to use this brand new 90 day allocation and so far, they are just reiterating this new policy.  This information is so new and so unexpected, we're still trying to process it.

In the past, typical turn around times at this point are 10-14 days.   This does not bode well.   A quick check with other avionics suppliers and GAMA members all indicate they received similar slow downs in the past days/weeks.

Edited by AviJake - 08 Apr 2015 at 12:33pm
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
ronl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 12:46pm
Thanks for the quick response Steve.
Typical FAA dysfunctional crapola. That really sux for you guys. 
Sorry.
Ron L
MikeK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 1:11pm
For pity's sake.  What is wrong with those guys?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerryrauch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 2:26pm
How many customers are on hold at this point?  Any value in us starting a lobbying effort on this new policy?
JR
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by jerryrauch jerryrauch wrote:

How many customers are on hold at this point? 

Several hundred.

Originally posted by jerryrauch jerryrauch wrote:

Any value in us starting a lobbying effort on this new policy? 

Good luck......
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
1964-m20e View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1964-m20e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 3:12pm
Typical bureaucrats!!

On one hand I’d love to be the top dog at the FAA to mandate changes in the bureaucratic system on the other I think I would just end up being frustrated because the run of the mill bureaucrat only wants to prolong his employment.

ptlevine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 8:17pm
I registered a while ago, but don't recall receiving a hard copy. Is there a way to check whether one was printed/mailed?
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 8:24pm
Hi Pete,

I'll check on Thurs.    Want to wait until Rel 10.1 for your hard copy?
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
ptlevine View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2015 at 11:59pm

Hi Pete,

I'll check on Thurs.    Want to wait until Rel 10.1 for your hard copy?
Yes. Happy to wait. Due for a 440 in month one production too anyway...
Jack Seubert View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Seubert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 9:16am
Steve,

I am wondering if this would be a great time for the FAA to delegate Avidyne to complete the certification of the IFD 440 since it sounds like most of the cert work has been completed and they don't have the manpower to complete it themselves.

Jack

Jack Seubert
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 9:19am
We're waiting on a read from the FAA this week or early next week on the level of delegation they will grant on the STC side.  We had one answer and that was changed a few weeks ago and they are contemplating a change back to the original level.

I'll post an update when we find out for those folks who are interested.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
phkmn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phkmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2015 at 5:06pm
FAA certification division must be cross-training with the AeroMedical division, where 90 days is about average for SI clearance with no complications.
PH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic