Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

IFD440 Certification

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviKent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 7:31pm
Need the "radio ID" for my IFD540 in order to add XM weather. What screen provides that info?
Thanks
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 7:56pm
I could be wrong, but thought the 540 only supports Sirius weather, not XM at this point. You would need the MLB receiver number but I think Avidyne activates it for you.
AviKent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviKent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 8:03pm
Yes, Sirius. I could not locate the page Sirius requires? I spoke with Sirius rep. Do you know which "page" provides the radio ID?
Thanks
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 8:13pm
The IFD440 and the IFD540 both support XM (GDL69/A) and Sirius (MLB700).  It's the same page on the IFDs (they don't care which one - it's totally agnostic).  The same sub-tab  on the AUX page supports XM (GDL-69) as Sirius (MLB700) and that page displays the radio ID.

Go to AUX page, and SYS tab.  Then on the Line Select Key on the left side of the page that is labeled "Select", press it until "Datalink" is displayed.  When it is, about half way down on the left side you should see a "Radio ID" field and about halfway down on the right side you should see a field labeled "Service Level".  Those are the two fields that are relevant here.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviKent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviKent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 8:27pm
Thanks! for your prompt answer
AviKent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviKent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 8:29pm
Now I realize I was on that page, just not aware where to look!
Thanks again
AviKent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviKent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 8:31pm
Located that info quickly on the 540 simulator just now. The simulator is VERY helpful.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 8:39pm
Jake, for Sirius with the MLB, I was told by Jared that Avidyne had to have it activated. When I spoke to Sirius directly with my receiver I D, they told me it wasn't a weather receiver. Jared explained it was because it's an Avidyne MLB and they had to activate it to the desired plan.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 8:44pm
That's plausible. I just know we support both. One of our test airplanes has XM and one has Sirius. The whole activation process with both companies/boxes is frankly bullsh*t. Especially since they are the same company.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2015 at 8:53pm
I have the MLB700 and I have a weather package through Avidyne on the My Avidyne section of the website. I have a SiruisXM music subscription through SiruisXM directly. Works great.
scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 11:09am
What's the latest on the certification effort? 
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 9:36pm
(IFD440 Certification Status Update - 15 Apr 2015)

A lot going on.

As a recap, all hardware qual is complete and all hardware cert documents have been into the FAA for a while.   Most of the rest of the submission docs are in the hands of the FAA too.  Even though we got a "by policy, we the FAA, have 90 days to conclude our actions" letter last week, the FAA reps are definitely working it as evidenced by a flurry of questions/comments/approvals from them.  What does that mean for schedule?  Beats me but it seems positive.

Spent most of the day with the FAA flight test guys running through (what felt like a gazillion) ground test points and then a lengthy flight test.   All ground test points went great.  Flight test was going great until the FAA Flight Test Engineer got airsick - yeah, it was that rough up there today.   Even though the flight was terminated early as a result, the post-flight debrief thought that maybe enough of an evaluation was completed that no additional FAA flight tests will be required.  (More on this later in this post).

Meanwhile, our own for-credit company flight test is just about complete - we have about one more flight hour of test points to fly off in our FL-based flight test airplane.  When that's done, we have to submit our company flight test report.

The FAA will evaluate our company report and their notes from the tests with me earlier today and make a final determination on delegation and TIA.   This could mean a lot of  things but *probably* means all of this flight testing accomplished in the past week "counts" and that's all that's required.   Not sure if we'll find out on Thurs or Fri or early next week.  The FAA flight test guys are definitely leaning hard forward and trying to support a Sun-n-Fun cert.  They are an important and necessary element here but not all that's required so we can't spike that ball yet.

One note that was covered in a different thread is that Release 10.1.0.0 will NOT have ADS-B traffic support in it.  It will have ADS-B weather in it but the traffic had to get dropped due to a frustrating issue with the depiction of ADS-B traffic icons.

There's a lot more going on but my fingers are getting weary of typing and your eyes are probably getting tired of reading this stuff.  So, what does this sum up to for cert date?   No idea.  Could be next week.  Could be a few weeks, and theoretically could be another 82ish days (that's the 90 day FAA letter minus the days that have passed since that letter).

Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 10:35pm
Disappointing on the ADS-B traffic support but understandable. I was going to put in the MLB 100 simply for the traffic as I have the Sirius weather. Do you have any estimate of when the traffic might be added?
scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 11:29am
The FAA guy got airsick? Can't make that s**t up.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 11:56am
Scott wins "Post of the Year"
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
1964-m20e View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1964-m20e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 4:29pm
Jake

I've asked before but is Avidyne running any special for those of us who have been waiting for years to add to our order the APX-340 transponder?  I'm looking ot repalce my Garmin 327 during the install.

It would be really nice if Avidyne would at least match the lowest priced equivalent model out there for existing customers.
AviSimpson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2015 at 5:07pm
Hey john,

Yes, there is a program for depositors of the IFD540 looking to add the AXP340 to their order.

Shoot me an email, sbennett@avidyne.com, and I will put you in touch with one of the sales managers in your region.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 6:57am
(IFD440 Certification Status Update - 18 Apr 2015)

Company flight test is done.   Report writing this weekend and the FAA will have it on Monday.

No word yet from the FAA on delegation decision and if the test report they get on Monday will count for STC.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
jerryrauch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerryrauch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 1:37pm
Jake, Any read from the FAA ?
JR
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 9:24am
(IFD440 Certification Status Update - 21 Apr 2015)

It's not done yet.  The FAA is actively working the project and there is quite a bit of back-and-forth of data and question answering between us the the FAA reps.   Just the usual drill and nothing scary at this point.

Not clear on estimated sign off date/time yet.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
1964-m20e View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1964-m20e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 8:45am
Originally posted by AviSimpson AviSimpson wrote:

Hey john,

Yes, there is a program for depositors of the IFD540 looking to add the AXP340 to their order.

Shoot me an email, sbennett@avidyne.com, and I will put you in touch with one of the sales managers in your region.

Simpson

Per you advice I contacted both of the Avidyne dealer/ installers located near the New Orleans Area and so far neither is willing to work with me and let me know what the APX340 price will be.

Not very encouraging nor is it very good for Avidyne business since this makes me want to pursue another option to get ADSB out.

My advice is that Avidyne advertise and post the discounted retail price that advance purchasers can get on the APX340 for and even the remote mounted transponder as well.  This will clear up a lot of confusion and will allow customers to make the best and most informed decision.

Like we discussed in emails as I see it is is quite simple.

Edited by 1964-m20e - 28 Apr 2015 at 8:47am
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 11:16am
m20e,

The issue is that Avidyne has promised to dealers to not "sell" directly to customers after certification occurs, or to make known dealer cost. As such they have to involve the dealer in the transaction.

I did get a 340 at the same time, and the discount was very significant, well beyond what you see in other typical retail incentive plans.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 28 Apr 2015 at 11:17am
888dom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 888dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by 1964-m20e 1964-m20e wrote:

My advice is that Avidyne advertise and post the discounted retail price that advance purchasers can get on the APX340 for and even the remote mounted transponder as well.  This will clear up a lot of confusion and will allow customers to make the best and most informed decision.

I suggest you call Garmin and ask them what their dealer retail price is. If you can get an answer, then yes, I agree that Avidyne should follow suit. I am not a dealer, but respect that dealers shouldn't have to disclose what they 'pay' for the equipment. However, I can offer you that the price I got on my AXP340 due to the fact that I'm an IFD540 customer was considerably better than any other equivalent advertised transponder on the market. If you can't find a dealer to work with you, find a new dealer. They must not want your business bad enough.

1964-m20e View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1964-m20e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by oskrypuch oskrypuch wrote:

m20e,

The issue is that Avidyne has promised to dealers to not "sell" directly to customers after certification occurs, or to make known dealer cost. As such they have to involve the dealer in the transaction.

I did get a 340 at the same time, and the discount was very significant, well beyond what you see in other typical retail incentive plans.

* Orest

Orest

Thanks for the encouragement I look forward to a reasonable solution.

1964-m20e View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1964-m20e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by 888dom 888dom wrote:

I suggest you call Garmin and ask them what their dealer retail price is. If you can get an answer, then yes, I agree that Avidyne should follow suit. I am not a dealer, but respect that dealers shouldn't have to disclose what they 'pay' for the equipment. However, I can offer you that the price I got on my AXP340 due to the fact that I'm an IFD540 customer was considerably better than any other equivalent advertised transponder on the market. If you can't find a dealer to work with you, find a new dealer. They must not want your business bad enough.

All

I understand the agreement to sell only to dealers and I understand the dealer will get products for less than what Avidyne publishes as retail prices.  I am not asking Avidyne to sell the items to me.  They were quite eager 3 years ago to accept money from individuals with not dealer involvement to bring the product to market.   I further understand that the dealer needs to make a profit to continue in the business.  My complaint is that the dealers will not tell me what the price is going to be and I am asking Avidyne for some help here.  The delaers in my area are well respected and I have done business with them.  Furthermore, Avidyne will tell me I’m getting a discount but I have no idea what that is or even what the cost of the unit will be period.

I took a gamble 3 years ago along with many others and all I’m asking for is a little respect as the customer and not to have my intelligence insulted.

I do not care what Garmin or King does I am not buying Garmin or King.  I chose to buy Avidyne because I feel they have a good product and good philosophy.  Multiple vendors in the market is good for the industry and for the consumers.  I also am interested in having multiple products by Avidyne to hopefully get a seamless GPS and ADSB out product.

I have long been patient, supportive and mostly silent  over the course of this adventure since most of the issues are driven by the FAA and the bureaucrats.  This issue however, is strictly driven by Avidyne and Avidyne alone.

Again all I’m asking is that Avidyne or a dealer give me the equipment cost for the transponder for early adopters.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 3:24pm

All

I understand the agreement to sell only to dealers and I understand the dealer will get products for less than what Avidyne publishes as retail prices.  I am not asking Avidyne to sell the items to me.  They were quite eager 3 years ago to accept money from individuals with not dealer involvement to bring the product to market.   I further understand that the dealer needs to make a profit to continue in the business.  My complaint is that the dealers will not tell me what the price is going to be and I am asking Avidyne for some help here.  The delaers in my area are well respected and I have done business with them.  Furthermore, Avidyne will tell me I’m getting a discount but I have no idea what that is or even what the cost of the unit will be period.

I took a gamble 3 years ago along with many others and all I’m asking for is a little respect as the customer and not to have my intelligence insulted.

I do not care what Garmin or King does I am not buying Garmin or King.  I chose to buy Avidyne because I feel they have a good product and good philosophy.  Multiple vendors in the market is good for the industry and for the consumers.  I also am interested in having multiple products by Avidyne to hopefully get a seamless GPS and ADSB out product.

I have long been patient, supportive and mostly silent  over the course of this adventure since most of the issues are driven by the FAA and the bureaucrats.  This issue however, is strictly driven by Avidyne and Avidyne alone.

Again all I’m asking is that Avidyne or a dealer give me the equipment cost for the transponder for early adopters.

John,

I sent you another email so we can get this straightened out.

-Simpson

Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
1964-m20e View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1964-m20e Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2015 at 4:18pm
Yes I got it thanks.
scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 9:34am
Certification update?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 9:45am
Originally posted by scott scott wrote:

Certification update?

Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

Nope. Still waiting.

Jake posted an update in the 10.1 thread this morning.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerryrauch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 1:28pm
Anything you can tell us for a certification update?  Is there anything going on?
JR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 2:14pm
No updates at the moment. There's been a lot of action but no firm sign of an approval date.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 5:44pm
(IFD440 Certification Status Update - 26 May 2015)

The updated documentation package that addresses the AD-related issue was submitted to the FAA today.   That wraps up all updated TSO submission data.   The last of the updated STC submission data should be in FAA hands on Wed 27 May.   A lot of the data had to be updated and reflown when the software was updated to resolve the AD issue.  Since the IFD540 and IFD440 are the same software part number, the IFD440 cert was technically held up until this updated 10.1 software can be approved.

The FAA is highly motivated to review, and if in their opinion it is warranted, issue approvals very quickly.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
ronl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 9:05am
Originally posted by AviJake AviJake wrote:

(IFD440 Certification Status Update - 26 May 2015)
The FAA is highly motivated to review, and if in their opinion it is warranted, issue approvals very quickly.

The only time I've seen the FAA "highly motivated" is when budget cuts are discussed. 
Ron L
dnally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 8:39pm
Well, it has been awhile since I have posted. So for the record, not done by Sun n Fun. 2 years 10 months.
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 4:48am
What remains to be done to get 440 approval, once 10.1 software is approved? Is this subject to a separate (additional) FAA 90-day cycle?

Edited by chflyer - 06 Jun 2015 at 4:48am
Vince
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 5:22am
Nothing. It is all the same cert.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerryrauch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 10:50pm
Initially I thought that dnally was being a little heavy handed with his posts, but now that it has been 2 years and ten months (which is about 1 year and ten months beyond what the salesman said it would take for delivery) I can appreciate his frustration.  What bothers me most is that it takes posts on this website to get an update, even if nothing is new.  Considering we were willing to back you in advance of certification, I don't think it was unreasonable to request for an update every two weeks to be sent out to the customers that purchased the product, even if it was to say that nothing is new.
I, like all of the other advance purchasers, think this is really a great product, and we are anxious to get to use it.  Nevertheless, I think that Avidyne has not made a reasonable effort to try and keep us informed.
JR
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 10:13am
I think that Avidyne has been perhaps overboard in its feedback (and availability) to its customers. They stand alone with this level of feedback, in the industry. Could it be more complete and more frequent, well yes, would that be more useful, probably not.  We all know that the 10.1.0.0 firmware and hinging on that the IFD440 and MLB100, is all on the FAA's desk. Not sure what more Avidyne can say. 

In the short range, if the FAA indicates that the certification will probably be next week, and that is publicly released, if it doesn't happen Avidyne gets hammered, not the FAA. Inevitably the more public targets you proffer, the more targets will be missed, and the more "countdowns" of missed targets you get, and the more frustrations you build. Elsewhere the general model has been to announce nothing, not even to high volume dealers and insiders, until there is product shipping. Doing so you never miss a target, because a public one is never released. 

In the long range, sure there is high marketing value to a future new product, and of course the hope is to keep future customers from buying their competitor's product, which may be available already. And now, with multiple vendors coming on stream with products for similar niches, it may well be that all that will change. Even the dominant players, some who have had an essential monopoly on the market, may start announcing "Product X, coming May XXXX".

Is it right that a product slips more than 2ys. Heck no. A lot of folks have held out, waiting for the release, snared by that marketing lure. But that is the reality. I'm not sure that the alternative (in this case) would have been better, to buy a lesser product earlier, but I can understand the frustration of folks like dnally, who may have a limited time frame left to fly.

I have been overboard as well, overboard patient. But, now I have seen my reward, as I elected to go with the 540, and I am now happy. 

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 07 Jun 2015 at 10:24am
ddgates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddgates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 10:30am
I think I agree with most of this.

This trend of announcing products that are in essence vaporware is not unique to Avidyne.  Aspen is still doing it (they announced their approved line of ADS-B add-ons 2+ years ago), and have only brought to market a rebranded single band product of the 5 products they announced.  Per Aspen, Connected Panel also was supposed to have been brought to bear with multiple partners supporting (I would assume in reaction with Garmin's data stream product).  L-3 announced their Lynx before cert, but have delivered.  Aspen announced their derived AOA product, again not certified or available for purchase at this point.  Sandia announced their PFD equivalent, not available yet.  And then the debacle about multiple entities supporting Capstone..., and the list goes on...

In the Avidyne case, there was/is a very long lag (measuring in years +) in announcement to delivery.  I have emails from Avidyne marketing which say in essence the DFC-90 servo issue would have been solved by Q4 2013 - and we know there is no motion in that area.  The IFD540 in the same communications were supposed to have been done and certified within a quarter or two after that...and we know when it actually happened.  The TASXXXA upgrade is not on time track compared to sales verbiage and subsequent announcements.

Feature add ons which have been announced for the 540 software revision are sliding now, who knows when they will happen?

I have no doubt that this is in part market share preservation (or attempt) as well as aspiration to keep product interest.

I personally have questioned the business wisdom of this practice, however, as over time, any claims made tend not to be believed; over time that I believes damages instead of preserves.

David

Edited by ddgates - 07 Jun 2015 at 10:36am
David Gates
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 3:36pm
Agree with Orest.  I seriously doubt that Avidyne purposely misled any customers by giving them dates they knew would never happen.  Perhaps the dates were a little optimistic but when the FAA is involved, all bets are off.  Obviously, it benefits Avidyne more than anyone to get these units certified and into customers panels so there is no reason for them to slow the process.  Since getting my 540, it has exceeded all expectations that I had and I am sure the 440 will do likewise especially with 10.1 coming.
George View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 3:48pm
What whines more than a jet engine?
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 5:02pm
A pilot!!  Because  a jet engine stops whining once its on the ground.....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerryrauch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 7:04pm
Thanks for the feedback, I think i could have been clearer, my complaint is not as much about the delay as the fact that Avidyne isn't sending out an update by email to all of the people that paid for the unit in advance.  Initially, mage quarterly, at then end of the run, like now we could at least get an update every couple weeks, even if it is to say nothing new to report, which tells us problems haven't cropped up.

I've learned that communication often avoids issues with customers.

JR
chflyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2015 at 5:17am
I understand order holders' wish to have individual status update emails. I am one of those order holders (previously 540 and now 440 too). But there is a better way.

I believe that Avidyne's decision to do this type of communication via the forum is the correct one and actually better for all concerned. Even if mass update emails are done via distribution lists, the lists need to be maintained and sent. The entire activity is additional cost to Avidyne that essentially just adds to the price. One post on this forum and everyone has the info, including the order holders.

Sure, updates on the forum could be a bit more regular/scheduled but we usually get a fairly rapid response when a bump is done to get an update.

Edited by chflyer - 08 Jun 2015 at 5:17am
Vince
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2015 at 7:51am
(IFD440 Certification Status Update - 9 June 2015)

We continue to wait.   It's entirely in the FAA's court.    Some parts move quickly and some not.   We're waiting on the "not" part.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 12:44pm
(IFD440 Certification Status Update - 18 June 2015)

The FAA has just issued TSO/STC approval for the IFD440.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2015 at 5:17pm
Congratulations Steve, and to the whole team.

* Orest

pat@werigi.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pat@werigi.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2015 at 10:21am
When will you post information about shipments?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSimpson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 10:55am
I will have more information about shipping this week.
Simpson Bennett
Avidyne Corporation
Product Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerryrauch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 11:03am
What is the schedule to start shipping, and how do I find out where my order is in line to ship?
JR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic