Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Notifications Here

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post Notifications Here
    Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 7:44pm
I got my notification e-mail today (9/25/2014), so I thought I'd start this thread.

I think there was a typo, because it said I was in month 1 and my scheduled delivery is for the 2nd week in November.  I'm supposed to be month 3, and the 2nd week in November is consistent with that.  I need to send them my dealer info.  I'll probably do that next week, once I make up my mind.

What is that?  I think it's the light at the end of the tunnel... or is it?  

Edited by pburger - 26 Sep 2014 at 10:36am
AzAv8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AzAv8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 10:30pm
I got my email notification from Avidyne on Tuesday 9/23, indicating I am "Month 1" and my IFD 540 could be shipped "the first week of Oct".  Whether that means the week ending the 3rd or the 10th I don't know.  I may need to push it because install details still need to be worked, so someone downstream may get to move up a bit.  (But I assure you, not too many people behind me will benefit!)

I made the purchase on the Friday (7/29) of Oshkosh 2011 (where Avidyne announced the IFD540).  My contract didn't have a month-number (apparently common with early purchasers), but in a previous call with Avidyne sales they had told me that I was "on the boundary of Month 1 and Month 2". 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic