Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How do you program this route in the IFD?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FORANE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you program this route in the IFD?
    Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 4:25pm
If given the route of direct ABC, ABC 090 radial to DEF 200 radial, DEF, direct...

In the G, one may create a user waypoint.  In some FMS systems I understand one may enter waypoint/direction.  I tried to enter it in the Windows sim for the IFD, but I am not familiar enough with it.

How does the IFD handle such a route?
Lancair 235/320
RV-9A
94S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:38am
You can create a user waypoint in the IFD also.  On the FMS page, WPT tab, select New on the left side.  That brings a user waypoint box.  Now on the left there is a softkey labeled "Format" and by default it indicates "Lat/Lon" as the format type.  By touching the "Format" key it cycles through the "Rad/Dist" and "Rad/Rad" formats changing the user waypoint box accordingly.  Enter your Fixes and Radials and hit the enter key on the right bezel.

A comment on the data entry for this process.  It would be nice if when you hit enter on the keyboard, the cursor would cycle ahead to the next data block and bring up the appropriate keyboard instead of hiding the keyboard and requiring the user to touch the next data block to bring up the keyboard.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 6:35pm
Good idea.  I'll look at the feasibility in the next few weeks.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic