Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Feature Request: stored routes SORT order

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feature Request: stored routes SORT order
    Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 6:23pm

I like to have a T/O alternate stored in a quickly available memory spot. It appears that the route list always sorts by the ORIGIN/DESTINATION pair, regardless of the entry title, so I can't "force" such a route to the top of the list by its title.

Can you either change this behavior, or provide a user setting to sort the list by TITLE (vice route's origin/destination)

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 16 Nov 2014 at 6:30pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 9:25am
Understood.  I've just added it to the database for potential future features.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
94S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 9:48am
Another idea for this would be to allow the user to select a particular route as always on top, regardless of whether the list is sorted alphabetically or by departure point.  In particular I can see using this route for emergency return to the departure airport (or other nearby airport), which is what I think is the scenario Orest is eluding to.  This way you could have the route setup with an instrument approach loaded and ready to activate if the stuff hits the fan shortly after takeoff (assuming the emergency would allow for the flying of an IAP).
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 9:50am
Yes, that's a good one.  Just updated the database entry to reflect that additional idea.  Thanks!
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 3:55pm
Yes, a "tick box" to force a plan to the top position makes it even easier.

* Orest

brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 2:59pm
Can you tie this idea with "Ability to add departures to airports in the flight plan other than the airport of origin" from the "Wishlist for the next IFD software release" post?  I think the way I'd handle my T/O alternate or return to origin is to add that after the last procedure in the flight plan.  That way I can scroll down and hit direct to and it does the same thing without wiping out my current flight plan or having to change screens.  The issue is that you may have selected a different departure procedure if you knew you were coming back around.

Adding multiple departures also allows you to plan for a rejected landing.  I don't want to get into the debate about what ATC is expecting - just assume I declared an emergency.  When I'm way past the MAP and a deer runs out on the runway and I climb back into IMC, I'd like to have my destination as an additional waypoint after the missed procedure with the departure procedure attached.  Again, I can quickly scroll and hit direct to instead of having to switch to the route page and look for my backup plan.

I do like the idea of changing the flight plan sorting to be based on the title so you can simply put a number in front of the title to sort them however you want.  You could also have multiple important flight plans such as 1 return to alt, 2 rejected landing, or 3 second destination alternate.

Edited by brou0040 - 19 Nov 2014 at 3:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic