Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Airport disappears

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airport disappears
    Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 8:49pm
In the sim, I can see the runways as white lines of KIYK when zoomed at the 1 nm level.  When I zoom out to 2 nm, the airport disappears, but I still see the runway numbers, but no runways.  The airport symble shows up when I get out to the 5 nm zoom.

I don't see the value of showing runway numbers without showing the runways and I would think the airport should always be visible, unless you filter it off.  I would suggest switching to the airport icon at the 2 and 3 nm zoom levels.
MysticCobra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MysticCobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by brou0040 brou0040 wrote:

I don't see the value of showing runway numbers without showing the runways and I would think the airport should always be visible, unless you filter it off.  

I can't speak for Avidyne's intent, but there is certainly value in seeing runway numbers even if the runways are not graphically displayed.  At an unfamiliar airport, a reminder of what the runway numbers are can be helpful in lots of scenarios.
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 10:20pm
I agree with showing the numbers when the runways are also shown when zoomed in.  When zooming out and the 6 runways aren't shown, it just looks cluttered with just a bunch of numbers on the screen.  And other than a clutter of numbers, there is nothing showing that there is an airport there.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 4:46pm
This is a sim-only bug.  OpenGL has an issue with that drawing.   Actual IFD540 does not behave that way.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic