Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

non-touch controls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: non-touch controls
    Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 1:31pm
I thought I came across a way to slide out & slide in the side tab (eg. FPL), without using the touchscreen. Is there a way to do that?

Also, is there a way to change which preset frequency is the active one (when you have more than one), without using the touchscreen?

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 13 Dec 2014 at 2:19pm
brou0040 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2014 at 2:55pm
You hold the FPL rocker or MAP rocker to open the FPL or MAP data pages.  Not sure about the second question.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 9:47am
Close - just a small typo in that description.  

You hold the FMS rocker or MAP rocker to open the FPL or MAP data pages.

The same action will close the side tab if it were open.

As for preset freqs, the only way is to have the physical external toggle switch added.  I have one on my yoke.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 12:19pm
Quote You hold the FMS rocker or MAP rocker to open the FPL or MAP data pages.

Yes, that was it. Thanks.

But on the present frequency, I think you are explaining a different issue. I understand you can flip through the various pre-entered frequencies in your defined list, by using an external hardware button.

What I was asking about is this, let's say you have the following defined:

Active  123.75
Preset1 133.00
Preset2 125.50

... and Preset1 has the cyan border, meaning 133 will swap with 123.75 if you hit the freq swap button.

You can move the cyan border and its action designation to Preset2 by touching Preset2, and then 125.5 will swap for 123.75 with the freq swap button.

My questions was, is there a non-touch screen method of achieving the action completed by the bolded "by touching Preset2" above.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 14 Dec 2014 at 12:21pm
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 12:32pm
Oh sorry, now I understand.     I was thrown off by the term preset.   I see you are talking about "#1 Standby" vs "#2 Standby".

No, there is no way to do that without touch.   See the bottom entry in the right column on page 1-26 of the PG.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 12:45pm
Rog. Yes, should have used "standby".

Ah yes, there it is.

* Orest

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic