Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whte LSK text

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brou0040 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whte LSK text
    Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 11:11pm
Page 1-4 of the pilots guide states that a white second line indicates a list of choices - a very neat feature.

When on the select chart screen of the chart page, Paste has an airport in white as the second line and allows you toggle between the departure and destination, that makes sense.

On the info tab, there is a similar paste lsk that toggles an airport, but the second line is not white.  It seems like this should be white since it has the same behavior as the select airport lsk.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 8:54am
You are correct.  I had noticed this a few months ago and we have an entry in our candidate feature list but it hasn't bubbled up high enough on the priority list yet.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 9:56am
Would you explain where the LSK key is on the info tab?  When I am on the info tab of the FMS button, the only key on the left that I see active is "search,"  which brings up a search field to enter a city.
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 9:59am
Yes, you should see the Paste LSK pop up in addition to the Search LSK when you have an active flight plan in the FMS.

Without an active flight plan, all you'll see is the Search LSK.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 10:49am
Thank you.  When I read the post, I tried it on the sim and did not see that button but I guess its because you can't activate a flight plan on the sim.  I'll try it on my flight tomorrow.
teeth6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 9:56pm
So I did try it on my flight today and at times the Paste LSK is visable and other times it is not but in either case, the button is active and by pressing the button, it does toggle between the two selections.  I was pleasantly surprised in playing with this feature to see that any airport you touch in the "nearest tab" or any waypoint you touch in the FPL page will become the stayby spot that gets toggled to from the info page. ie...if I hit the nearest airport button and touch an airport on the list, I can then go to the info tab and pull up all the info on that nearest airport by hitting the Paste LSK button.  Pretty cool.
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by teeth6 teeth6 wrote:

.....if I hit the nearest airport button and touch an airport on the list, I can then go to the info tab and pull up all the info on that nearest airport by hitting the Paste LSK button.  

Great tip! Finding out all kinds of cool things as we use these clever units.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 20 Dec 2014 at 10:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic