Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OBS VLOC mode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 888dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OBS VLOC mode
    Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 2:48pm

I was at my local airfield and decided I'd better do a VOR check (checkpoint on the field) before takeoff and was unable to select VLOC with the OBS button on the IFD540.  I had the appropriate VOR tuned into the VHF NAV frequency, and the VOR info was in the tab, complete with VOR radial and distance.  I already had an active direct - to GPS course set in the flight plan and no matter how many times I pushed the OBS button, I couldn't get it to switch to VLOC mode to accurately check the VOR with my Aspen PFD. 

Is this an issue with the logic of the 540 or did I do something wrong?

Gring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 2:57pm
If you push the CDI button it will take you to OBS mode. You need to rotate the knob to select VLOC mode.
888dom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 888dom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 3:12pm
Operator error.  Thanks Gring!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic