Avidyne Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Avidyne General > IFD 5 Series & IFD 4 Series Touch Screen GPS/NAV/COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Feature Request: recent frequencies dups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feature Request: recent frequencies dups
    Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 10:39pm
On the list of recent frequencies tab, can you suppress the duplicate listing of frequencies? Would make the list even more useful.

* Orest

AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 8:41am
Okay but do you have an example or two?  I'm not sure I've seen any dups before.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
AviJake View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviJake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 8:42am
Oh, never mind.  I see you used "Recent" tab.  Got it.
Steve Jacobson
sjacobson@avidyne.com
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 9:51am
Rog.

* Orest

oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 9:28pm
Still in the offing?

* Orest
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 10:05am
I just looked into this and it appears to me that it's working per design.  Each entry in the recent list contains frequency, facility identifier, and call sign.  So it's entirely possible to have two entries in the list with the same frequency, but different identifier and/or call sign.

Are you reporting a bug or suggesting that the design should change such that the recent list considers only frequency when determining whether an entry is already in the list?
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
oskrypuch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskrypuch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 1:13pm
When I reported it (years ago now), I noticed that there would often be multiple instances of the same station, with the same frequency, as multiple entries on the list. Wasting a slot.

So that may well have been fixed. If so, great, apologies for the comment.

* Orest

Edited by oskrypuch - 08 Feb 2022 at 1:24pm
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 1:19pm
I just did a quick test this morning and it seemed OK and a glance at the code looked all right as well.  I'll do a little more testing to see if I can reproduce it.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
KIM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 9:22am
Adding another frequency feature request:

Can you add the identifier in the Com Preset List.

Klaus
Klaus
AviSteve View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AviSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2022 at 11:08am
Originally posted by KIM KIM wrote:

Can you add the identifier in the Com Preset List.
I'm not sure how that would work.  Lots of frequencies are common, so the facility name would vary depending on where you are.
Steve Lindsley
Avidyne Engineering
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic